Animatrix problems

vbimport

using windows version of dvd2one.

i can’t get this movie to work in either “full movie” or “movie only”.

have done over 200 movies successfully.

ripped with dvddecrypter.
dvd2one “full movie”.

menus play fine, but when i access the movie or one of the chapters, my home player (sony 300+1 changer) just jumps through the chapters without showing anything. then it starts playing the credits.

using “movie only” mode doesn’t work either.

has anyone else had success with this movie?

i’ve even tried running the movie through IFOedit first, then use dvd2one. still no success.

no problem here. Using the same way I allways do. Never ever ever had a single problem.

Smartripper - full backup mode
then dvd2one - did both full movie and movie only

everything is fine.

I’m temped to say - use smartripper, never fails, the only ones that ever have trouble use dvddecrypter - but I wont say that, cause I seem to allways get unpopular when I do :wink:

its the sony 300+1 changer,mine does the exact same thing. there have been a few titles that have done similar things,but they play just fine in other players. my old sony 200 disc changer played any dvd-r/rw, the new 300+1 is definetly more picky. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by dvr105
[B]no problem here. Using the same way I allways do. Never ever ever had a single problem.

Smartripper - full backup mode
then dvd2one - did both full movie and movie only

everything is fine.[/B]

No it is not - Full movie mode degrades the image too much.
Movie only mode does not back-up the 78 minutes of special features.

This is an episodic DVD.

I experienced the same problem when playing the DVD in my Toshiba (SD5109) standalone player. I could access the menu, but could not successfully play any of the segments.

My $50 Cyberhome (CH500) deck played the exact same disk without any problems. The Cyberhome player has been solid as a rock. It plays absolutely everything I have thrown at it.

I have had only two or three problems using DVD2One. For example, one DVD would not play any audible soundtrack by default – it would have to be manually selected. Another disk would always begin playing with subtitles on and they had to be turned off manually.

Other than that, DVD2One has behaved like a software engineering marvel.

[FYI - I used the DVDDecryter v3.1.6.0 (All Files) DVD2One v1.1.3 (Full Disk) and RecordNow DX (whichever version was bundled with the Sony DRX500UL)]

Originally posted by mattcham
[B]

No it is not - Full movie mode degrades the image too much.
Movie only mode does not back-up the 78 minutes of special features.

This is an episodic DVD. [/B]

What are you on about ?? I dont get it.

Naturally movie only does not backup the special feature - thats why its called movie only :wink: - a full copy copys everything, and yes I tried them both and both went fine - I had no playbackproblems and both came out exactly the way I expected them to. Yes naturally a full copy has lower quality than a movie only - but thats not an error - and this thread is about the first poster having playbackproblems - nothing about quality with full backup versus movie only backup.

So whats your point quoting me and saying no its not fine ??
And what do you mean its an episodic dvd ? - no its not - an episodic dvd means there are for instance two episodes each in its own separate vobset, so that when you select movie only you will not get both episodes but only one. On this dvd selecting movie only and you will get the entire “movie” , because there are not 8 different episodes in their own vobsets, but one long episode containing all 8 “films”. The only thing you dont get are the special features which you never do in movie only mode - this dvd has nothing to do with episodic dvd’s

Originally posted by kschonha
[B]I experienced the same problem when playing the DVD in my Toshiba (SD5109) standalone player. I could access the menu, but could not successfully play any of the segments.

My $50 Cyberhome (CH500) deck played the exact same disk without any problems. The Cyberhome player has been solid as a rock. It plays absolutely everything I have thrown at it.
[/B]

Well the reason for this is that the Toshiba 's laser is far more sensitive for errors then the cyberhome one , I experienced this a while ago and went to the shop which sold me it and that’s how they explained it to me. I then went to my aunt house where they have a finlux dvd player and it played everything perfectly.

So you get to see that expensiver isn’t always better :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by DVDCopyBoy
[B]

Well the reason for this is that the Toshiba 's laser is far more sensitive for errors then the cyberhome one , I experienced this a while ago and went to the shop which sold me it and that’s how they explained it to me. I then went to my aunt house where they have a finlux dvd player and it played everything perfectly.

So you get to see that expensiver isn’t always better :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

ok,well then why does the animatrix play just fine when i process it with either IC or dvdshrink? using the same rip that i used the first time with dvd2one(failed) and the second time with dvd95copy(also failed with the exact same problem) ?

if it were an error in the original,it should show up no matter which program i use.

I think its obvious that for some titles the processed files are not compatable with some players.

i am not complaining,this is just an observation. this type of issue is why i have no regrets purchasing dvd2one,IC and dvd95copy, as well as having dvdshrink. there has been only one title that at least one of the programs wouldnt do.:cool:

Might be a media/dvd player issue seeing as they work fine on both my Philips Matchline DVD 743 and my father’s Philips Matchline DVD Recorder.

So it isn’t DVD2One’s fault , I haven’t used any other programm because I haven’t experienced any problems cause by DVD2One.

Hi, I also have a Toshiba SD5109. I did The Animatrix full disc with DVD2One 1.1.3 on a DVD+R and have similar problem as well - the menu comes up but when I select a clip it just hangs at some copyright screen for a bit and goes back to the menu. Same DVD plays fine in other players I tried, including Xbox. I did it again on a DVD+RW and same problem. I then tried another full disc backup with older DVD2One 1.1.1 on same DVD+RW and guess what - it plays fine in Toshiba 5109. Must be something that 1.1.3 does that only affects certain players. I am currently trying 1.2.0 to see if it works in 5109.

It is definitely not faulty media or weak laser. My Toshiba plays every DVD backup I made flawlessly (except for this one). My Toshiba SD5109 only has problems with CDR or CDRW media playing CDDA, VCD etc. (it basically does not play them at all) but no problems with DVD+R, DVD-R or DVD+RW that I have personally tested.

Even though the SD5109 is old and seems sluggish compared to some other players, I think it still has excellent video quality. It is one thing I spent lots of $$$ on that I don’t regret. At the time I bought it, a few years ago, I don’t think there was anything in its price range that compared to it.

I just tried Elby’s CloneDVD on The Animatrix and it works fine in my Toshiba. The quality is better than DVD2One 1.1.1. I will burn the DVD2One 1.2.0 one later and see if it works in 5109 and if so, compare the quality of constant transcode to CloneDVD.

I just finished transcoding Animatrix with DVD2one 1.2.0 and it is same problem on my Toshiba SD5109. When trying to play one of the clips, it goes to an FBI warning screen (coincidence?)

DVD2One 1.1.1 works fine.
CloneDVD 1.1.4.1 works.
ShrinkDVD 2.3 works fine.

The only program that correctly understands the layout of “The Animatrix”, being that Title 1 is same as 7-20 is DVDShrink. When I adjust settings in Title 1, it adjusts all the linked titles too. CloneDVD doesn’t do this but it still seems to work if you don’t mess around (I don’t know what happens if you remove an audio track from title 7, how it affects title 1 or vice-versa). DVD95Copy 1.5 just displays the two titlesets and does not offer fine-tuning the compression of, or omitting individual titles.

Strange,
i personaly tested my animatrix region 1 (canadian version) with 1.2 and 1.13 version of DVD2one and BOTH version produce a perfect copy in fulldisk mode.

Its not just a problem with Animatrix. Animatrix worked fine for me. But I experienced the chapter jumping with 25th Hour. It played fine through my PC but on my Sony standalone the problem occurred. I used ifoedit to re get the vts sectors after I compressed it and it worked fine.

I managed to backup the full dvd with dvd2one 1.1.3, ripped by smartipper, burned by nero 5.5.10.35 and plays excellent on my pioneer dsc-303

I also had problems with The Animatrix and DVD2one playing on a Sony stand-alone player.

Here’s what I did to convince myself that it was DVD2one causing the problem:

• Ripped with DVD Decrypter in file mode

• Transcoded with DVD2one 1.2.0

• Burned with Nero 5.5.10.35
      • Episodes would not play properly
  • Transcoded with DVD2one 1.2.1

• Transcoded with DVD2one 1.1.3

• Transcoded with Elby CloneDVD 1.1.7.1

• All played fine!

I don’t think the problem is caused by DVD Decrypter because I only ripped the disc once and that same set of files worked with CloneDVD.

I don’t think the problem is caused by Nero because I always used Nero to burn every trial and it worked with the CloneDVD transcoded files.

By process of elimination, I do think the problem is with DVD2one in this case.

I love DVD2one and use it ALL the time, but there must be a slight issue with the way it transcodes The Animatrix which makes it not work on Sony players and perhaps others. I hope that Erwin and Rene can look into this a little more.

I too have a problem with The Animatrix. Whenever I try to skip to the next episode, it goes to the FBI screen. I used DVD2One 1.2.3 full disc mode (without Japanese audio) and DVDDecrypter 3.1.6.0. I burned to a DVD+R with a Sony DRU-510A, and played back in an Apex AD-1500.

Seems like similar problems are occurring with different versions of DVD2One, with different hardware too. I’m going to try once more to see if I produce the same effects.

VCDmonger

Animatrix Region 2 PAL 100% Works.

this problem your all are haveing must be from the Region 1 USA animatrix…

becuse i have done this movie about 30 times and it works every time in my standalone.

hope this narrows it down.

I agree - Ive also never had any troubles with my PAL version of Animatrix.

After three attempts with DVD2One 1.2.3, I went ahead and gave CloneDVD 1.1.7.1 a try, with the exact same results!! Whenever I skip ahead a track, it jumps to the FBI screen, but when I skip back a track, it works normally. I did find a way around it (and it worked on both the DVD2One and CloneDVD versions) where on the main menu, instead of selecting an episode, choose “Play All” in the bottom right hand corner. When you do that, you can freely skip ahead and back as many chapters as you want and never get the FBI warning screen.

Just out of curiosity, I’m going to try a few older versions of DVD2One to see what happens. And yes, I am using the Region 1 USA version of Animatrix.

VCDmonger