Angle button, Lions for Lambs

vbimport

recently with Lions for Lambs, the angle button shows several times during the movie, even though i only ripped angle 1. there are other titles which have done this in the past but cant remember which right now.

if i change pathplayer settings will the angle button be removed? i ripped with pathplayer enabled and default settings.

thanks troy

Sorry troy, I don’t have that one yet. Disabling PP would be a good start. You might also see if Main Movie or Customize/No Menus would give a clean rip. I think I remember a movie once that had the angle graphic in the subpicture stream–try not including any subs in the rip.

Disable removal of PUO in VOBs.

This has nothing to do with PP, subpic streams, main movie, etc. linx05 is correct - you’ll have to put the angle PUO back. Here’s the easy way.

Download PgcEdit and install it anywhere. Open and close it (this creates some subfolders for you). Now, download and install into the plugins subfolder of PgcEdit (created when you opened it for the 1st time), the PUO plugin from the PgcEdit website.

Now, load your rip into PgcEdit. From the Plugins menu, go to Prohibited User Operations. Go to Selectively Clear VOB PUOs. Everything will probably be unticked. Tick Angle Change (3rd last one) and GoUp (16). Click OK and wait a few minutes.

The angle icon will not appear again.

In the future, do as linx05 says.

Regards

PUOs in VOBs can be left in easily with DVDFab (not selectively) by UNchecking the box on the Protections page in Common Settings. No 3rd party applications required. In this case, linx05 was right–but nobody said he wasn’t. The future is yet to unfold.

That is true, except he would need to re-rip (and certain undesirable PUOPs would be retained - eg the next PG PUO+root menu call in the last chapter that seems to be more and more prevalent, and which forces you to watch the credits all the way through).

If he follows my advice, he’s done in 3 minutes with a real clean DVD. But you do it your way, I’ll do it mine. I guess you know better.

Regards

[quote=blutach;2039236]That is true, except he would need to re-rip (and certain undesirable PUOPs would be retained - eg the next PG PUO+root menu call in the last chapter that seems to be more and more prevalent, and which forces you to watch the credits all the way through).

If he follows my advice, he’s done in 3 minutes with a real clean DVD. But you do it your way, I’ll do it mine. I guess you know better.

Regards[/quote]I won’t be doing it either way, but troy512, the OP, is a knowledgeable and frequent contributor to this forum and can decide for himself which way to go. What you say about your method is certainly true (with the addition to the 3 minutes for installation and learning curve time if Troy doesn’t already use PgcEdit). My suggestions all relate to dealing with the problem within DVDFab, the ostensible purpose of this sub-forum as articulatedso well recently by our Senior Moderator. “Better” is dangerously subjective, especially out of context, but

I [I]am[/I] thinking of framing this.:wink:

my original thoughts were pathplayer accidentally kept the angle button as a Button Over Video. as i have ripped multi angle before with out the button retained and had rips where the button was still present. just didnt know why? and still dont really know. :slight_smile:

@signals, thanks for your reply. actually disable pathplayer is just what i was thinking of doing. and just as an FYI, im a Main Movie ripper. :bigsmile: as i know there are many Full Disc and Clone fans. just cant justify the price of $.30 per dvd compared to $2 or more per dvd. i go through a 100 pack like a can a pringles. once i pop i cant stop.

@linx05, thank you for your reply. i have found the option in the dvdfab protection settings.

@blutach, again thank you for your reply. you helped me with an over sight when i couldnt find the read destination in ImgBurn, which turned out to be right in front of my eyes and i had looked right at it 20 times. :doh: your knowledge of dvd structure is always very informative. either when posted at cdfreaks or other forums. :iagree: i have downloaded PgcEdit (along with several other programs) and have installed but never had a reason to use it. until now. :wink:

as signals suggested i would really like a method of doing this with dvdfab, but dont want the negative effects either. since i do main move rips unticking the remove UOP’s from VOB files will probably not have much effect on my viewing experience (except removing the angle button :slight_smile: ) however if using other modes there could be negative effects. i will keep all protection options checked.

seems Fengtao is hard at work on the next version, as we’ve not had any betas in a while. i understand this is not a high priority item. so for now i will just use PgcEdit.

@signals - I can blow it up into larger letters, if you like :slight_smile:

@troy - as I said before, it has nothing to do with movie only or BOV. It only has to do with PUOps and the fact you have angles. In fact, you may not even need the PUO plugin to fix this. It might work with an IFO PUO. Lemme explain a bit.

PUOs exist on 3 levels - in the navpacks of the VOBs, in the PGCs of the IFOs and a couple in the title map in VIDEO_TS.IFO (we can ignore the latter in this case). Some usually exist in the VOB - at angle blocks or as I said before, in the last chapter to force you to watch the credits (this particularly irks me, since if I am in a cinema, I can get up and walk out - I guess, I can turn the DVD player off, too :)). But I digress. In a multi-angled title, the angle PUO should be set at at least one level.

So, IMO (that should appease signals :)), the very easiest way to do this is to load your DVD in PgcEdit, locate your movie, double click it and click on 3 dots representing PUOs on the top left. Tick angle change and save (this sets the angle PUO in the IFO and is a 10 second process and should be sufficient). Test it and burn.

Turning attention to DVD Fab, perhaps at some stage, fengtao can have an option (or even a default) to kill all VOB PUOs except the angle one? I see no damage whatsoever in having this PUO set in non-angled titles (which are the vast majority) and will ensure the little angle icon never appears in titles with ILVUs.

Good luck!

Regards

hey blutach,

as I said before… your knowledge of dvd structure is always very informative. :slight_smile: thank you for the explanation. i will be using pgcedit after i log off.

thanks troy

Hi blutach,

Thanks for your excellent suggestion, Angle Change UOP will be kept always in new versions.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Please let me know if setting the angle PUO in the IFO works (I’ve never done this, but I expect it to work and it would be very quick).

Regards

Hi blutach,

I think the flag in IFO should not work, we need set it in VOB files.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

It is better to keep the angle PUO, if exist in the original, in both IFO and VOBs to be sure.

[QUOTE=fengtao;2039560]Hi blutach,

I think the flag in IFO should not work, we need set it in VOB files.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]I have a suspicion you are right, fengtao. :slight_smile:

What do you think about my suggestion about keeping the angle PUO anyway even if remove VOB PUOps are ticked in the settings?

Regards

i opened folder in PgcEdit, clicked the Plugins menu, clicked Prohibited User Operations, clicked Selectively Clear VOB PUOs, everything [U]except[/U] GoUp, and angle change were unchecked already. i went ahead and let pgcedit edit the dvd. then burned the video_ts folder and the buttons were still there. (what is the PgcEdit_backup folder, as PgcEdit gave a warning that a backup will not be made.)

i then, “load your DVD in PgcEdit, locate your movie, double click it and click on 3 dots representing PUOs on the top left. Tick angle change and save” burned the folder and viola…no more angle button. :slight_smile:

@fengtao, thank you. :bow:

[quote=troy512;2039575](what is the PgcEdit_backup folder, as PgcEdit gave a warning that a backup will not be made.)[/quote]PgcEdit_backup folder contains the original IFOs as you load the DVD that you can restore should you like to start over. PgcEdit gives a warning that the VOB files will be rewritten immediately and there will not be any backup to undo.

i then, “load your DVD in PgcEdit, locate your movie, double click it and click on 3 dots representing PUOs on the top left. Tick angle change and save” burned the folder and viola…no more angle button. :slight_smile:
This confirms my suspicion that angle PUOs must be set in both IFO and VOB to not see angle icon on TV while playing non-multi-angle segments.

New version of DVDFab will keep angle_change UOP in both IFO and VOB files.

Way to go fengtao! :bow:

And nice spot toaddub. Thanks for that one. :cool:

And troy - glad you have solved your problem. :bigsmile:

Regards

What does the angle button even do in this title? It is not listed in the features and adding the second angle in an angle-aware ripper does not increase the size at all. :confused: