Andromeda Strain won't copy

DVDFab 3 and 4 copy all my DVDs perfectly – except today Andromeda Strain (Universal pictures). Odd behaviour – starts out OK, then gets slower and slower, and finally hangs, always around 20mins in.

Disk seems to be fine – plays without problem on computer and DVD player.

Path Player is enabled. Yet just this one disk won’t copy, out of all the 100s I’ve made backups of.

Any ideas?

dom

Try disable path player

I copied that movie about 2 yrs ago.
probably on dvd decrypter back in the day…
you might have a bad disk.
even though it plays fine,
try cleaning it…or…
disable path player

Does the disk keep getting eaten and dissolves?

[quote=jsmiddleton4;1930843]Does the disk keep getting eaten and dissolves?[/quote]LMAO it’s mutated again:bigsmile:
Domg, I agress witht he others, sure sounds like a bad disc. Try disabling PathPlayer, turn off the read ahead cache, and make sure your read drive is not in PIO transfer mode after the bad reads.

It’s and old movie and you probably could rip it with the original dvd decryter or dvd shrink…pre-Sony etc…

Thanks guys for yr comments.
I tried disabling Path Player, & turning off RA cache, cleaning disk – no good.
You’re probably right – bad disc – except I couldn’t find anything wrong w it, and it played perfectly everywhere.

One of them thangs! It’s not much of a movie anyway :doh:

dom

[QUOTE=signals;1931009]LMAO it’s mutated again:bigsmile:
Domg, I agress witht he others, sure sounds like a bad disc. Try disabling PathPlayer, turn off the read ahead cache, and make sure your read drive is not in PIO transfer mode after the bad reads.[/QUOTE]

S**t! It never occurred to me to look. The freakin’ disk is full of holes!

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;1930843]Does the disk keep getting eaten and dissolves?[/QUOTE]