Android Outlook app fails miserably – dozens of users complain daily

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Android Outlook app fails miserably – dozens of users complain daily[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/10/myce-android-outlook-app-95x75.png[/newsimage]

The Android application Microsoft released for Android sees a lot of users complaining about syncing issues, login problems and crashes.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/android-outlook-app-fails-miserably-dozens-of-users-complain-daily-73085](http://www.myce.com/news/android-outlook-app-fails-miserably-dozens-of-users-complain-daily-73085)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The E-mail app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" syncs with outlook.com just fine using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, so it’s not necessary to install Microsoft’s app if you don’t want to.

I have this on my Nexus 4 and have had no problems with it…

I have the Outlook app on my HTC One M7 and it works great. I actually get my Email on the phone a couple minutes before it shows up on my computer.

So it’s been downloaded 50 million times and there’s dozens of complaints about it? Why make this insignificant statistic news, other than to bag Microsoft?
Does anyone else think this website is a MS hate site?
Why is there never any news or criticism of Apple and/or Linux in the news articles?

FreqNasty_RiseS, check this page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.outlook.Z7&hl=en&h=ecym

I’ve written dozens as I couldn’t count them anymore, but it could be thousands. It happened after the last update which apparently doesn’t work as intended and Microsoft is silent when people complain to them.

@FreqNasty_RiseS: I’ve been coming here for a long time, and have always had that opinion of the site. Just learned to look past the MS hate because there is a lot of good stuff here.

Most Microsoft complaints are justified, but dozens of complaints with millions of downloads seems pretty to me also.
It’s not even a fraction of 1%.

OK, I’ve updated the title and the text, if you go to the Google Play page you can see that there’s hardly a positive rating and all users complaining about the same (basic functionality of a mail app) since July this year.

I lost a job because outlook

Unfortunately, your outlook service has not performed well because I cannot login with my user and password ( my user and password is correct) I am disappointed because I after my phone interview the interviewer want me to send a resume and essay from my email that I used for the job position.
outlook ask me for my security question and I took a long time to get me my email back ( the death line for summiting my essay was over due)
thanks outlook I didn’t get the job. I cannot even complaint with the consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau because outlook is a free email; however, when you buy a computer with windows 8 you are force to have a outlook email otherwise you cannot complete the login process  in your computer ( if you computer open your outlook account is correct). now a days all the computer coming with windows 8 or higher ( in the past you have to buy a software separate)
the windows program is include in the computer so you cannot get a Linux or any other free operating system ( smart move from Microsoft)

we should use a other email such as yahoo or gmail

Quite an interesting way to revive an old thread.

Really?

outlook ask me for my security question and I took a long time to get me my email back ( the deadline for summiting my essay was over due)
thanks outlook I didn’t get the job.
Soooo you didn’t know your security question or what? There are missing a lot of details here.

I cannot even complain with the consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau because outlook is a free email
You get what you pay for.

however, when you buy a computer with windows 8 you are force to have a outlook email otherwise you cannot complete the login process  in your computer
Nope. Just disable your internet connection and start installing. Also works on Windows 10. You do not need an internet connection or an mail account to install or log in.

the windows program is include in the computer so you cannot get a Linux or any other free operating system ( smart move from Microsoft)
Wuh? Just download a linux iso of your choice, write it on a dvd/cd and start booting your system with it.

we should use a other email such as yahoo or gmail
They pretty much have the same standards.