Analysts: Microsoft will sell nearly as much tablets as Apple by 2019

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Analysts: Microsoft will sell nearly as much tablets as Apple by 2019[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/11/182578-95x75.png[/newsimage]

While Microsoft’s phones aren’t exactly selling like hot cakes, the company’s tablets are more successful. Microsoft will double its market share in the next four year and sell about as much tablets as Apple, according to research company Strategy Analytics.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/analysts-microsoft-will-sell-nearly-as-much-tablets-as-apple-by-2019-77890/](http://www.myce.com/news/analysts-microsoft-will-sell-nearly-as-much-tablets-as-apple-by-2019-77890/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It has been a long bumpy road for Windows Tablets but 2015 proved to be the year that Microsoft and its partner OEMs finally got Tablets right, according to the new “Tablet Operating System Forecas

It is all down to processing power of the hardware… with a Windows installed tablet, there is not just a mobile shell anymore and each and every one I have talked to have been complaining about the device being slow. Then when I show them devices that would be adequate for running the OS, they immediately say; but that is too expensive - or No shit! :eek: (whichever comes first)

What never cease to amaze me is how little most people know about the difference between a mobile shell and a full fledged OS. It is however what I have come to know most people expect when they see that M$ logo.

Not to sure what you guys mean by tablets, but I had a MS Surface Pro 3 with a 1TB SSD in it and I loved it. It was my favorite toy. When I was in the hospital having an operation it got stolen, but when the Surface 4 comes out I am going to get another.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2764023]Not to sure what you guys mean by tablets, but I had a MS Surface Pro 3 with a 1TB SSD in it and I loved it. It was my favorite toy. When I was in the hospital having an operation it got stolen, but when the Surface 4 comes out I am going to get another.[/QUOTE]

Then we are at the “No shit :eek:” level pricewise are we not? Quad-core i7 and 1TB SSD I guess :cool:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2764024]Then we are at the “No shit :eek:” level pricewise are we not? Quad-core i7 and 1TB SSD I guess :cool:[/QUOTE]Absolutely, Core i7 and 1TB SSD and high end graphics. I loved it, but it got stolen from me. It was a bit over $2,000USD at B&H in NYC.

Although there are cheap Windows tables available now such as around €100, one thing I don’t get is why all the Windows tablets under €300 have just a 32GB SSD that I’m fairly sure would fill up over the next year or two with just the supplied software and Windows updates alone. With many of them around the €100 to €150 range, surely they could release one for let’s say €20 to €30 more with a 64GB SSD, like Android tablets.

For example, I remember when I first installed Windows 7 when it launched in 2009, the entire installation took up about 10GB on my SSD. Now the Windows 7 directory alone is 36.2GB in size.

It reminds me of the time when Windows Vista came out and many laptop manufacturers continued to supply entry to medium spec laptops with just 512MB to 1GB of RAM.

Then again, most of those entry level Windows tablets have just 1GB of RAM also. Probably not wise running Firefox on them, considering I often see its process using over 1GB of RAM usage after a few hours of usage.

[QUOTE=Seán;2764032] one thing I don’t get is why all the Windows tablets under €300 have just a 32GB SSD that I’m fairly sure would fill up over the next year or two with just the supplied software and Windows updates alone.[/QUOTE] From Microsoft’s point of view that’s a feature, not a bug; planned obsolescence == profit!