Analysing Problem....Still exist in version 5.0.7.2

vbimport

Dear FengTao,

Version 5.0.7.2 still has a lengthy analysing of DVD. The first scanning was when I inserted the DVD, was okay. The second analysing was in DVD to Mobile.

The second analysing is where the problems is. It took me at least more than 5 mins or more (which I consider adnormal). I had to cancel at least 3 times.

I played with previous version 5.0 to 5.0.6. Versions 5.0.2.5 & 5.0.3.0 did not have the second analysing. After the first scanning competed. When I choose DVD to Mobile, it “automatically” show the information on the first window (without scanning), so the process is definitely quicker than the current method.

I am not too sure if there is any improvement on the “scanning” time, but it certainly slow the process considerably. Specially when there is a “two” scanning are required. (1st for insert of DVD, second for DVD to Mobile).

Does the “Rewritten DVD writable media detection routine” means the above analysing of DVD, then it is definitely worst then version before.

Thank you

Chow

hey sea monster, sorry about the problem. i dont have suggestions for your problem. but just wanted to let you know that “Rewritten DVD writable media detection routine” is for blank media detection for burning.

troy

[quote=troy512;2100268]hey sea monster, sorry about the problem. i dont have suggestions for your problem. but just wanted to let you know that “Rewritten DVD writable media detection routine” is for blank media detection for burning.

troy[/quote]

Thanks Troy…for your explanation on the “Rewritten DVD writable media detection routine”

But I am not sure why there aren’t any solution to the Analysing problems. It seems to be an on-going problem and has resurfaced everytime a new version is available.

Sad, :frowning: but true.

I do not rendered the program “unusable” just plain annoying that I have the analyse the DVD several times before using it.

Chow.

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2100421]Thanks Troy…for your explanation on the “Rewritten DVD writable media detection routine”

But I am not sure why there aren’t any solution to the Analysing problems. It seems to be an on-going problem and has resurfaced everytime a new version is available.

Sad, :frowning: but true.

I do not rendered the program “unusable” just plain annoying that I have the analyse the DVD several times before using it.

Chow.[/QUOTE]

Sorry SM, I cannot reproduce your “analyze” problem on my rig.
I do get variations in analyzing times on various discs, but no problems such as you describe.

I just did 2 different discs, both with and without PathPlayer and ran the whole business through
Platinum 4.1.2.0 and
Platinum 5.0.7.2

Essentially the same times for both versions, with respect to PP settings and titles.

I haven’t heard this is an issue for anyone before…:confused:

Does this happen with all discs?..or could it be a few “problem discs”?
Still, it doesn’t make sense to me

I generally rip files to my hdd and convert afterwards, but on occasion I will do the whole process at once. Still no problems.
You might try ripping to the hdd first and then converting though, and see if the issue is reproduced.
Ripping dvd to dvd should only take 5-10 minutes anyway and since hdd space isn’t an issue for me, this is my preferred route.

[QUOTE=maineman;2100446]Sorry SM, I cannot reproduce your “analyze” problem on my rig.
I do get variations in analyzing times on various discs, but no problems such as you describe.

I just did 2 different discs, both with and without PathPlayer and ran the whole business through
Platinum 4.1.2.0 and
Platinum 5.0.7.2

Essentially the same times for both versions, with respect to PP settings and titles.

I haven’t heard this is an issue for anyone before…:confused:

Does this happen with all discs?..or could it be a few “problem discs”?
Still, it doesn’t make sense to me

I generally rip files to my hdd and convert afterwards, but on occasion I will do the whole process at once. Still no problems.
You might try ripping to the hdd first and then converting though, and see if the issue is reproduced.
Ripping dvd to dvd should only take 5-10 minutes anyway and since hdd space isn’t an issue for me, this is my preferred route.[/QUOTE]

I did the same tests with no issues, Sea Monster seems to have a unique set of problems with his laptop?

Hey 90,

Thanks for running the tests and verifying this.

[QUOTE=90312;2100449]… Sea Monster seems to have a unique set of problems with his laptop?[/QUOTE]
I’m afraid so…:sad:

Dear Maineman,

Thank you for your claification.

I usually does the following steps:-

1. Open Disc Tray and place disk.
  2. Click on DVDFAB Icon on desktop. (I always used the same settings and rarely change any). (Pathplayer is always ENABLE).
  3. DVDFAB automatically “scan” disk. (DVD to DVD Mode).
  4. After that process, I click DVD to Mobile (under IPOD). It “scan” disk again. This time, it scans and scan and scan…sometimes for about 3-5 mins & most of the time I had to cancel the scan.

I closed DVDFAB and reopen it, but the scanning time from the “second Opening of DVDFAB” seems “cured” the never endless scanning problem. It was much more quicker on the second scanning.

Yes, I rip to my HDD and let DVDFAB burned to a Disk. However, I rarely “burned” to Disk anymore, now I ripped to IPOD Default (ie:- DVD to Mobile).
Of course, the above problems does not always happen, by far the mostly occurred with SONY Entertainment & Universal DVDs.

I was using version 5.0.3 prior to updating to current version. The above mentioned problems did not exist in version 5.0.3.0. I also noticed that sometimes, it scan only once (ie:- when I placed Disk into the Tray and execute DVDFAB). Some how, it skipped second scanning (DVD to Mobile), and I could proceed to “configure” the IPOD settings and proceed with ripping at no problems whatsoever.

Thank you once again for your help.

Chow.

Probably the Sea Water may have caused all this weird problems I am experiencing that no one else is…LOL.

Sea Monster, I was not aware of the Sony thing so I tried one that I know has a pooched structure. The second scan was a lot longer that the initial one when you first put the disk in the drive. It scanned long enough for the bar to move across 4 and a half times, now that’s only about 30 seconds but a lot longer than usual. I think it is related to the preview, I turned preview off and it went really quickly. Try turning off the preview entirely and see if it goes faster for you.

Dear 90312,

Thank you for troubleshooting this problem. I really appreciate your help.

I shall test it tonight, and will post whether or not if that is the case.
Come to think about it, perhaps you’re have scored a JACKPOT that the cause of the “scanning” problem due to in part because of the new PREVIEWS functions.

No wonder… I have only experience this problem since 5.0.5.0 (release of the new previews function) and later. As mentioned before, I have not experience any problems with scanning on version prior to version 5.0.5.
I just hope that PREVIEW is the problem and hopefully a"permanent" fix is available in the future.

Chow.

hi sea monster,

this is done with the show and play preview disabled.

my test took approximately 3 minutes the first dvd to mobile analyze and very short the second time as you describe.

the first time was opened in main movie mode, then opened the mobile options, clicked on ipod, clicked next and was given two task. generic and ipod.

second time i ejected the dvd before trying again, opened in dvd to mobile ipod, analyze was short.

so i clicked generic and then clicked back to main movie to reset the UI. the third try using the same method as first try, was quick as well.

didnt use sony title, just what i was going to back up anyway.

Border Lost, Allumination FilmWorks

http://www.alluminationfilmworks.com/

Info for drive [G:\] (DVDFab Platinum 5.0.7.2)

Disc type: Video DVD
Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
Volume name: BORDER_LOST
Video standard: NTSC

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
RC (Region Code) protection is not found.
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is removed!

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
Invalid CELLs protection is not found.
Invalid VOBUs protection is removed!
Fake vts protection is not found!
Bad sector protection is not found!
Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is not found.

PathPlayer is enabled!
Unplayable cell (vts:2 title pgc:1 cell:1) is removed!
1 unplayable cells are removed!

[quote=troy512;2100644]hi sea monster,

this is done with the show and play preview disabled.

my test took approximately 3 minutes the first dvd to mobile analyze and very short the second time as you describe.

the first time was opened in main movie mode, then opened the mobile options, clicked on ipod, clicked next and was given two task. generic and ipod.

second time i ejected the dvd before trying again, opened in dvd to mobile ipod, analyze was short.

so i clicked generic and then clicked back to main movie to reset the UI. the third try using the same method as first try, was quick as well.

didnt use sony title, just what i was going to back up anyway.

Info for drive [G:\] (DVDFab Platinum 5.0.7.2)

Dear Troy,

Thank you for troubleshooting.

What if Preview is enable?  Will scanning and analysing take more time to run?

However, since it took you 3 mins for scanning (with the preview disable), I wondered if you enable the previews, will scanning time be longer?

I am now at work and cannot try.  I shall do it tonight and post the results.

Thank you

Dear Troy,

Thank you for troubleshooting.

What if Preview is enable? Will scanning and analysing take more time to run?

However, since it took you 3 mins for scanning (with the preview disable), I wondered if you enable the previews, will scanning time be longer?

I am now at work and cannot try. I shall do it tonight and post the results.

Thank you

I have also had this problem with lots of dvds copying mobile to Archos and Generic.

The analyse phase goes into a cycle which I can only end with Ctrl/Alt/Del. Sometimes it is ok on the next try, analysing in one pass, and sometimes it takes half a dozen goes. The DVD LED goes into a constant rapid flicker when the problem occurs, I can now tell when it has gone into this cycling mode and I need to shut down.

I’ve not been as patient as Sea Monster and waited five minutes or so, but it is not taking this long to analyse it is analysing lots of times in a cyclic mode.

I experimented with the matter last night with about 6 sets of DVDs.

5 of the DVDs had on the both runs (analysing bars) (insert DVD) & (DVD to MOBILE) of between 4 to 6 runs. I am not too sure if that was consider fast, but it was definitely faster than the previous times.

The other disk took about 8 to 10 runs of the scanning bars. Which I considered slow.

I also disable the PREVIEW, restart DVDFAB, but the results were not much of a different.

I know that there is alot of complexity in scanning of DVD, however, it would definitely help if DVDFAB can cut down on the scanning time.

Chow

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2101146]I experimented with the matter last night with about 6 sets of DVDs.

5 of the DVDs had on the both runs (analysing bars) (insert DVD) & (DVD to MOBILE) of between 4 to 6 runs. I am not too sure if that was consider fast, but it was definitely faster than the previous times.

The other disk took about 8 to 10 runs of the scanning bars. Which I considered slow.

I also disable the PREVIEW, restart DVDFAB, but the results were not much of a different.

I know that there is alot of complexity in scanning of DVD, however, it would definitely help if DVDFAB can cut down on the scanning time.

Chow[/QUOTE]

Well it worked great for me?

Caio

Dear all,

Please try DVDFab 5.0.7.5 to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-platinum-gold-hd-decrypter-option-mobile-5-0-7-5-out-249573/

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Sea Monster, try the “cancel” button after the first couple of analysis progress bar runs. I found that it had in fact analysed the title but was carrying on for no particular reason.