An idea about starforce 3.0

vbimport

starforce 3.0 seems to have its own ide drivers. perhaps alcohol can emulate those drivers so that one can run images.

You can run the image if you disable your IDE drives :slight_smile:

It will not work if you just turn off the ide driver from the system. It will work only when you unplug it from the hardware. Am I right?

sorry … yes thats what i meant.

Originally posted by phoenix
sorry … yes thats what i meant.

That stuff about taking your IDE drive out just doesn’t work. I’ve tried many times on many machines. So I suggest trying to come up with a better software solution.

Starforce is not used as often as safedisc and securom. Therefore, most of the effort is put into these two protections. If starforce becomes really popular, there is a greater chance that it will be closely examined.

Originally posted by Andareed
Starforce is not used as often as safedisc and securom. Therefore, most of the effort is put into these two protections. If starforce becomes really popular, there is a greater chance that it will be closely examined.

Well sorry that I say this (it’s not personal), but I think that’s just stupid.

With Alcohol120% and Blindwrite we now (at the moment) can copy every SD2.8, SD2.9 and SecuROM new protection.

So why don’t “they” examin Starforce now??
Or Tagès for example! I heard that it’s quit easy to defeat Tagès, so why don’t they just put that into the programs. All the people who now have a game with Starforce or Tagès can’t backup their CD’s, because the protection isn’t used that much.

IT IS USED!!

If any of these progs would/could defeat StarForce or Tagès then they “force” the other to implement that feature also.

Isn’t that what we all want: a program that could defeat all protections (even if they aren’t used tha much).

If I had the knowledge I would write such a program myself, but I don’t have it (now).

What I want to say is: I don’t think that the argument “that protection is’t used much” is a reason not to investigate it.

I’m simply trying to explain why not much is being said about these other protections. I don’t want to get into any kind of argument over it :stuck_out_tongue:

As for Tagès, afaik it can be backed up by reading dpm, but i’m not 100% sure.

Originally posted by Andareed
I’m simply trying to explain why not much is being said about these other protections. I don’t want to get into any kind of argument over it :stuck_out_tongue:

I know. I said it wasn’t personal, but I just wanted to through it out…and I did.

It’s just my opinion and no-one has to agree.

sorry for that, but i have to ask if that’s really worth it unplugging your ide-drives just to play the game without original disks…
it’s stupid if they get scratched and don’t work after all or what, but if that’s the solution… :smiley: :wink: :cool: :bigsmile: :slight_smile:
to reactions this might cause:

don’t shout in your posts - FP

I don’t remember seeing scratches on my discs. I guess you just have to be careful.

Originally posted by Chriso
I don’t remember seeing scratches on my discs. I guess you just have to be careful.

You don’t have kids,do you???:wink: :bigsmile: