An elegy for the DVD

vbimport

Thought some of you might like this article on the demise of the DVD-video format. http://www.avclub.com/article/brief-wondrous-life-dvd-219793

I don’t really agree with the theme that DVD-video’s success relied so much on extras. I personally dislike most extras and avoid them like the plague. Backups I make, or copies converted for other hardware are virtually always main movie only.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2755126]I don’t really agree with the theme that DVD-video’s success relied so much on extras. I personally dislike most extras and avoid them like the plague. Backups I make, or copies converted for other hardware are virtually always main movie only.[/QUOTE] That’s similar to how I feel, although I did watch the extras at the beginning of the DVD era, and there are a few DVDs with interesting extras, such as Catch Me If You Can and The Lord of the Rings discs.

The only extras I enjoyed that I can remember were from the movie [I]Serenity[/I], but I was a big fan of the TV show [I]Firefly[/I] that came before, and felt more connected to the characters and actors. The hidden easter egg in [I]Serenity[/I] was fun too.