An American History Lesson- Strange

vbimport

Have a history teacher explain this if they can.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.

John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.

John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost a child while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy.

Kennedy’s Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.

Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named “Ford.”

Kennedy was shot in a car called “Lincoln” made by “Ford.”

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here’s the “kicker”:

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.

A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

AND…:

Lincoln was shot in a theater and the assassin ran to a warehouse…

Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and the assassin ran to a theater… ___________________________

If you just want to listen to about the same:

Buddy Starcher ‎– History Repeats Itself (1966)

//youtu.be/FO-WJrCH-mg

I posted this because it also seems relevant.

MOMS MABLEY - Abraham, Martin & John (1969)

//youtu.be/1km-F2DVgjs

Just like life in general, it’s a complete coincedence.

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero.

From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero.

From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

Bad logic and/or bad math.

I leave it to the reader as an exercise to show that a subset of an infinite set is not necessarily finite. :cool:
(Hint: Not every whole number is an odd number.)

I think someone, or something is manipulating your time line. :eek::wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2753816]Bad logic and/or bad math.

I leave it to the reader as an exercise to show that a subset of an infinite set is not necessarily finite. :cool:
(Hint: Not every whole number is an odd number.)[/QUOTE]

You found it :slight_smile:

:bow::iagree:

//youtu.be/lA6hE7NFIK0

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2753816]Bad logic and/or bad math.

(Hint: Not every whole number is an odd number.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that’s a concept that some people find infinitely hard to accept!! :bigsmile:

To get people thinking about it though I always ask them, if there is an infinite number of universes, how many atoms are there in those universes? :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Personally I believe in one universe .
Whatever exists does so within the one universe.
There may be an infinite number of levels of existence within the one universe.
Both physical (seeable ,touchable,etc) that one would contain the atoms that Wombler posted about . Even if it was possible for a person to know the number there is no word for that number.
Then there is the spiritual level unseeable or touchable by the physical universe.
It is made of “spirit” atoms. However the spititual universe can see & touch the physical universe at times.

[QUOTE=cholla;2753842]Personally I believe in one universe .
Whatever exists does so within the one universe.
There may be an infinite number of levels of existence within the one universe.[/QUOTE]

Like in this Simpsons couch gag?

//youtu.be/J052uR6aWT4

Originally Posted by cholla “There may be an infinite number of levels of existence within the one universe.
Both physical (seeable ,touchable,etc) that one would contain the atoms that Wombler posted about . Even if it was possible for a person to know the number there is no word for that number.”

Besides GOD and a circle, There is only one “thing” in all of creation that has no Beginning and no End. and that is numbers. No matter how big of a number you
write you can always add a 1 to it. and no matter how small of a number you write you can always add a 0 (zero) to it.

Now that ought to open up a discussion

Marty

Marty , Might as well go into negative numbers as well . Subtract 1 from any negative number & you infinitely get a “smaller” negative number .

How ever in theory the number of atoms that Wombler wanted could be finite.

You are right, that is what I ment by smaller number. but (discussion) is there such a thing as finite number Positive or negative

QUOTE=thor21344;2753880 is there such a thing as finite number Positive or negative[/QUOTE]
I don’t know what those with higher education in mathematics will say but my answer is no.
infinity x infinity = infinity not infinity²
of course the same can be stated about zero or 1 .

[QUOTE=thor21344;2753869]Besides GOD and a circle, There is only one “thing” in all of creation that has no Beginning and no End.[/QUOTE]

That’s not entirely true if you look at beginning and ends in different perspectives.

A circle has no beginning and end, but is an abstract invention of humankind. Then again, so are numbers. The universe works pretty well without having itself explained in math or sciene. :slight_smile:

That’s also one of the biggest flaws humans have. To see everything in a human perspective. Cuddly animals, beautiful star explosions, etc. Planets, nature and objects do not care about humans.

There are some creatures that have the ability to live forever, if external influences allow it. When our sun expands enough i’m guessing even those creatures will not survive. Sure, that’ll take about 5 billion years, but that’s not infinite. It’s a really long time from now.

We’re not entirely sure yet if the big bang is a repeating process or not. So that may be infinite.

Infinity is difficult. It’s really really long and big. It’s bigger than the entire known universe. It’s bigger than any perspective possible.

burp!

Well, this topic subject sure changed a lot. Sorry for that. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2753883]nfinity is difficult. It’s really really long and big. It’s bigger than the entire known universe. It’s bigger than any perspective possible.
[/QUOTE]

Unless of course we’re talking about something that’s infinitely small! :p:bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2753883]There are some creatures that have the ability to live forever, if external influences allow it. When our sun expands enough i’m guessing even those creatures will not survive.

“Sure, that’ll take about 5 billion years, but that’s not infinite. It’s a really long time from now.”

burp!

Well, this topic subject sure changed a lot. Sorry for that. :)[/QUOTE]

So what is 5 billion years compared to how old creation is?

Since God is eternal .
He had no beginning & will have no end.
To Him infinity doesn’t apply .

How God actually accomplished creation no man really knows.
It is all just theory . If God did start creation with a “Big Bang” that’s how He did it.
He had always existed before that.

For the star we call the sun . It will remain the same as long as God wills it .

AMEN Cholla