An 49.99 8x Dual +R/-R +RW/-RW worth getting it?

vbimport

Today Fry’s in SF bay area have a EMPREX 8x DVD burner for 49.99 with no rebate, is this drive worth getting it?

I have heard this drive is the BTC 1108. Look at the reviews and in the BTC subforum on this website. I have the BTC 1008 and so far am satisfied with it for my limited needs and for a similar price. Many on this forum would tell you to spend some more cash, and get something better. It’s up to you.

I would like to have a few. :slight_smile:

If you want to take a risk and save some money, Office Max has a Khypermedia 8X burner on sale tomorrow. Tons of rebate problems and I am not sure of the maker (used to be Benq).

If you want to take a risk and save some money, Office Max has a Khypermedia 8X burner on sale tomorrow. Tons of rebate problems and I am not sure of the maker (used to be Benq).

I have one and it is a Cyberdrive DX082D. I also have a BTC 1004IM that I would not recommend to anyone. By the way, Cyberdrive is adding -R support to this drive, they sent me a beta to try so I know its not bs. It will be a free upgrade by the way.

What speeds does the beta firmware support?
You have any way of scanning your burns?

The Beta alows you to write any -r @ 2.4X or 4X but does not go to 8X. It does not support 2X either. I think it will when it is completed but they have a lot more to work out before then. One problem is the only version of Nero 6 that works with this firmware is 6.0.0.29b, all other version think blank disks have zero capacity.

I don’t have any Liteon drives to scan with, but I could do so with my combo drive. It’s not as accurate as it will only scan @full speed.