Amplify weak sectors

in my clone cd i cant do this its grayed out how do i get it so i can and i have the newest version thanks

Hi Jim, as far as I know, there are 2 possible reasons why Amplify Weak Sectors is uncheckable(i.e. “greyed out”):
• Your writer doesn’t support AWS ~or~
• Your version of Windows is registered in the USA or Japan.
-I don’t know of a fix for the first reeson, other than getting a new writer, but for the second, due to some legal reason or something, CloneCD doesn’t allow AWS in the US or Japan. So, you can change your country settings in the Control Panel of Windows, to Canada…and select your language as ‘English’. When the new settings take place, you’ll have to reinstall CloneCD, and AWS should be available. Good luck

thanks man

CloneCD won’t gray out AWS if your burner doesn’t support it. The copy just won’t work.

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
CloneCD won’t gray out AWS if your burner doesn’t support it. The copy just won’t work.

yup yer a long time dead

Can you then change your regional settings back to US after installation and still have the amplify weak signals box availible???

Originally posted by briggleman
Can you then change your regional settings back to US after installation and still have the amplify weak signals box availible???
No I don’t think so. CloneCD checks the region when starting I think. Not completely sure though (I live in The Netherlands where this option is ‘legal’).