Americans admire Obama most, poll finds

vbimport

President-elect Barack Obama is the man Americans say they admire most in the world, according to a USA Today/Gallup poll published Friday.

Thirty two percent of those questioned said Obama was the man they most admired compared with 5 percent for President George W. Bush who came in second. Defeated Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain came in third with 3 percent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28391268/

And he has not even got around to walking on water yet.

i personally was going for McCain.

but overall i dont think much will change with Obama or McCain in the foreseeable future, sadly :frowning:

cause honestly, there just there to ‘make things look good’ on the surface when people ‘behind the scenes’ are pretty much running the country.

It figures this is a link to an MSNBC web site. Their heads are so for up his arse that they can never be pulled out. Obama hasn’t earned any respect yet. He can earn it but I’m not giving it to him because some think he is the second coming of Christ and hasn’t done a thing beyond getting elected. The hype over him is ridiculous. I see commercials where I can buy Obama plates, coins, toilet paper etc. and it just makes me laugh. I wonder what all these Obamabots are going to do if he falls flat on his face? The excuses for his failures will be beyond reason. I hope he does well but the expectations many have for him might be his biggest liability.

NBR, you are dead on. The only real difference between McCain and Obama [B][I]might[/I][/B] be some Supreme Court appointments. He needs to shy away from handing this recession like the Democrats in California, New York etc. have handled it. He had better start cutting taxes and reducing the size of government or he will just have a bigger mess on his hands than he started with and getting re-elected in four years will be a pipe dream.

[QUOTE=UTR;2183566]It figures this is a link to an MSNBC web site. Their heads are so for up his arse that they can never be pulled out.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, bitterness anyone? The first thing a conservative/republican attacks is the source, not the information withheld in the link. Figures, keep blaming all your party’s failures on the media instead of admitting the failure of the presidents of your party, especially the current one.

Obama has earned respect, and not from being elected president. He’s had success with whatever he has done without help from a high profile daddy, if you recall he barely knows his father. He’s earned [U][I][B]everything[/B][/I][/U] he’s accomplished, not had it in his bloodline or the thought instilled in him that it was a birthright. He’s a motivated man, who also is cool, calm, and collected. An eloquent speaker as well.

You got a problem with it? Go start your Palin/Jundai campaigning now and quit being a sore loser.:rolleyes:

UTR
you should read the info at the site before you make statements like you did the info was according to a USA Today/Gallup poll published Friday

I thought you would love this post.

I am an Obama person but I do think they are going way to far with making him out to be something he will have a hard time living up to. that is why I said

And he has not even got around to walking on water yet

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2183581]Hmm, bitterness anyone? The first thing a conservative/republican attacks is the source, not the information withheld in the link. Figures, keep blaming all your party’s failures on the media instead of admitting the failure of the presidents of your party, especially the current one.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I am bitter about is that we can’t rely on supposedly unbiased news organizations for unbiased news. Don’t expect to get the truth or relevant news from MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC, Time, Newsweek, ABC etc. There are a few real journalists left in the business but they are pushed to the margins. You should be just as upset about this as I am unless all you want on TV is Obama cheerleaders night after night.

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2183581]Obama has earned respect, and not from being elected president. He’s had success with whatever he has done without help from a high profile daddy, if you recall he barely knows his father. He’s earned [U][I][B]everything[/B][/I][/U] he’s accomplished, not had it in his bloodline or the thought instilled in him that it was a birthright. He’s a motivated man, who also is cool, calm, and collected. An eloquent speaker as well.[/QUOTE]

You must be joking, right? He floated to the surface in the slime pool maintained by the sleazy Chicago political hacks. Notice how Obama is tied right in with all these slime buckets getting ready to do stints in prison? You think he wasn’t sucking Blago’s pecker when it helped himself politically? He worked as hard as anyone (with the possible exception of Rahm Emmanuel) to get him elected governor of Illinois. Obama was interviewed for four hours by the FBI about the slime he associated with in Chicago. This must be a record for a president to be wrapped up in a scandal BEFORE he is even sworn into office! I know of people that have come from far worse circumstances that him and been successful in their lives. So far Obama has only shown me he is a user. Now he has a chance to show me he is a leader and a giver. I’m waiting to see what person shows up after January 20th. There is a 50/50 chance he will just be a puppet for the corrupt Chicago political machine. As for an eloquent speaker, if you took the stuttering and stammer from his speeches and interviews their length could be cut in half.

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2183581]You got a problem with it? Go start your Palin/Jundai campaigning now and quit being a sore loser.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I’ll tell you if I have a problem six months from now. I want what is best for this country and whether that is Obama is yet to be determined. You should be just as critical as I am because the liberals will go down just as hard as the conservatives and independents if he proves to be a total loser.

[QUOTE=samlar;2183616]And he has not even got around to walking on water yet[/QUOTE]

If you expect this from him then you will be disappointed. If he thinks we can tax and spend our way out of this recession then we are in for four years of absolute hell. He had better start cutting taxes and reducing the size of government on day one in office. I predict he will have his hands full with Reid, Pelosi and the unions to really do anything that will make a difference in the economy. Then, if he lets a domestic terror attack occur on his watch his mojo will disappear overnight. He is living on the knife edge of disaster and if he doesn’t know it then he is doomed.

:)NO I do not expect him to walk on water just on republicans:)

[QUOTE=samlar;2183627]:)NO I do not expect him to walk on water just on republicans:)[/QUOTE]

That won’t get him very far. That means he lurches to the far left where the lunatics reside. That also means he will walk on a lot of independents and conservatives Democrats. It is a stupid move if he does it and will likely result in a Republican controlled House and/or Senate by 2012.

no but I thought it would be funny to post it.

[QUOTE=samlar;2183631]no but I thought it would be funny to post it.[/QUOTE]

That must be liberals’ humor. No wonder I didn’t laugh. :wink:

You should know by now I am far from being a Liberal. I just think the who thing has got so far out of hand with what people think Obama can do. They do say it is so bad that he will not have to do much to look good, but I fell if people keep thinking he can walk on water then doing what little he can do to help will not be enough for them. I sure wish I had the rights to his likeness I could make millions.

[QUOTE=samlar;2183675]I sure wish I had the rights to his likeness I could make millions.[/QUOTE]

Obama has the rights to his likeness and I’m sure he will cash in on it more than even Bill Clinton cashed in on his. I agree with you that his hype might Obama’s biggest problem to overcome.

GUY’S
The blind leading the blind. Your savior and fearless
leader. Theres only one thing missing BORIS,and
NATASCHA.
ZAP.:bigsmile::disagree:

Take a look at this site:

Check out the newspaper add PDF .It was too large to include but interesting reading about Obama.
Obama won’t have any respect from me till he proves he is a Natural born American citizen .Fully qualified to be President.
If he isn’t then he shouldn’t be President even if he did get the majority vote.
If you think this is prejudice on my part I think Walter Williams would make a good President & last time I saw a picture of him he appeared to be black.

Why do people still keep that lie going that he is not a Natural born american citizen. Every new group you can think of has went to Hawaii and saw the records. I do not think you are prejudice I think you are still upset he won, but thats ok I was very upset when little bush won both times. I just hope that this time I will not be upset I voted for Obama. Only time will tell.

CHOLLEA
I like DR. WILLAMS to. However I don’t know if he would
be qualified to be PRESIDENT. Some independents however
would consider him to far on the right.
ZAP.

GUY’S
Here they are your saviors helpers.
ZAP.[ATTACH]:bigsmile::bigsmile:[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=samlar;2183737] Every new group you can think of has went to Hawaii and saw the records. [/QUOTE]
Would you post a link to a news group that actually saw the Hawaiian State Records.
I have only seen news where Hawaiian state officials said they had looked at the records.

There are images on the internet of the CLOB but it is questionable for many reasons.
One of the main concerns with the CLOB for me is Obama’s fathers race is listed as African.
This was supposedly written in 1961.At that time the term African-American was not used.I don’t beleive even black was commonly used.I don’t have a problem with Negro for the racial description of a black person any more than Caucasian for a white person.The only reason it is not used is because it is too close to the infamous “N-word”.
I did see a statement from a Hawaiian records official that said " the term a person used for their racial description is what was placed on the CLOB".I doubt that was or is the case.Here is why:
If Obama’s father who was obviously black had told the person typing the CLOB his race was Caucasian would they have just accepted that?
If Obama’s Caucasian mother had said she was Negro would they just have written that?
Or what if she too said African?You know thousands of Caucasians are also born in Africa every year.

If a Caucasian born in Africa immigrates to the USA & becomes an American citizen is it still proper for him to say he is African-American? If not why?
The image of the CLOB I saw has Jun 6 2007 stamped on the back which is obviously when it was really written.

All Obama would have had to do was given permission to Hawaii to release all his birth records & the problem would have been over.
Why didn’t he do this? He couldn’t have been afraid of identity theft.

In my state a person has to show the drivers liscense agency a copy of their birth certificate to get a drivers liscense.I can just imagine the response if I told them I wouldn’t show them a birth certificate but they could call the state department in charge of birth records to verify I had one.I think I would be leaving without a drivers liscense until I produced a birth certificate.Why should American citizens expect less of a Presidental candidate?

[QUOTE=samlar;2183737]Why do people still keep that lie going that he is not a Natural born american citizen.[/QUOTE]
To many it has not been proved a lie.This is not a dead issue a lawyer named Berg still has a case pending before the US Supreme Court concerning this.
The issue of Obama being a Natural born citizen also involves more than just his place of birth.
Even if he was born in Hawaii he still may not qualify & that all needs to be addressed.
There should have already should have been an official government level process for this but apparently there wasn’t.
I know there are a lot of government agencies that a call to a state records department for a birth certificate wouldn’t cut it for even a medium level security clearence much less a top secret security clearence.Why shouldn’t Presidential candidates be investigated enough to make sure they can have a top level security clearence?

@zap em : I know Dr.Williams is to the right so am I in many cases.I don’t know if he is qualified to be President or not but I think he is legally qualified.As far as I know he doesn’t plan to run.

Read this and do your on checking he won get over it

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html