AMD XP3000+333 FSb Barton core

Can anyone recomend a good motherboard for the AMD XP3000+ 333 FSb Barton core
WITH:
at least 5 pci slots
usb ver 2
3 ddr slots
many thanks

:slight_smile:

If you could tell us what you expect of a mainboard, what features you want and the amount of money you want to spend, we may be able to help you…

Hmmz you updated your thread a little.

Well there are still about 50 possibilities or so, as I think that about every modern board meets te specs you are looking for.

My favourites are the MSI K7N2-series. Those aren’t really cheap, but they perform quite good and are really stable…

I would advise you to wait a little longer and buy a KT400A based motherboard.

I would also go w/ the MSI nForce2 mobo. Been a loyal MSI user for the past 3 years, Asus before that, and have used 4 mobos from KT266 rev. 2, KT266A, and two KT400. From what I gathered, MSI makes the most stable mobos, has its fair share of tweaks for overclockers and non-OCers alike, and the price is more affordable compare to OCer mobos by Epox and Abit, or over the top mobos like Asus.

I’m planning on buying either the MSI MP K7D Master or a K7N2 nForce2 mobo.

From preliminary reviews, the KT400A chipset still lags behind nForce2 chipset in speed.

My final choice would be the MSI K7N2 Delta.

MSI K7N2 or something like that should work excellent

stable most important -> MSI or Asus
want some tweaking and OC’ing -> EpoX

sure you can tweak with the MSI and asus boards but EpoX has some real neat features to maximize you tweaking and oc’ing on some models. but it will cost you some stability.
your choise…

Epox is a great OCer’s mobo but at the expense of pre-mature CPU and RAM death due to excessive voltage allowed at the Vcore and VMem. A lot of Epox owners are also experiencing RAM compatibility and stability problems which cause frequent cold boot or new systems not starting.

Abit NF7-S or the ASUS A7N8X…or how about any Nforce2 board :slight_smile:

If you want to OC & want SoundStorm then get the Abit NF7-S

ABIT NF7-S 2.0
Runs like a clock, only faster :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Stoner
Epox is a great OCer’s mobo but at the expense of pre-mature CPU and RAM death due to excessive voltage allowed at the Vcore and VMem. A lot of Epox owners are also experiencing RAM compatibility and stability problems which cause frequent cold boot or new systems not starting.

thats what i said
EpoX is great for oc’ing but it will cost you stabelity and compatibility.