AMD reduces their orders for silicon wafers as their sales drop

vbimport

I just posted the article AMD reduces their orders for silicon wafers as their sales drop..

[quote][/quote]

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/amd-reduces-their-orders-for-silicon-wafers-as-their-sales-drop-2-65204/](http://www.myce.com/news/amd-reduces-their-orders-for-silicon-wafers-as-their-sales-drop-2-65204/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It would be a shame if AMD would go out of business. Although I prefer Nvidia cards, I always purchase AMD processors. Cost/performance ratio for Intel is too ridiculous for me to even consider spending money on Intel chips.

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2667980]It would be a shame if AMD would go out of business. Although I prefer Nvidia cards, I always purchase AMD processors. Cost/performance ratio for Intel is too ridiculous for me to even consider spending money on Intel chips.[/QUOTE]

That would be a very bad day for all computers users Intel most would benefit and jack up the prices and say don’t buy our CPU then so long suckers…So we shouldn’t think AMD going out of business is going to make it cheaper for use after market CPU buyers to get a good deal. As I say “Be Careful What You Wish For.”

When I buy video cards, I always buy from ATI/AMD. That way, I know I’m helping the underdog, if only a little bit.

I buy only ATi/AMD video cards. Why?

• Good price/performance ratio
  • Helping a company that we need to stay alive
  • Good drivers. Say what you will, but I never had a problem.
  • Cutting edge hardware.
  • Used to be ATi, a Canadian company.
  • Oh… and I despise NVIDIA with every fibre of my being. They’re right up there with Apple.

Sorry, but AMD lost out bigtime… laptop makers jacked up prices across the board late August… only to slightly bring down laptop prices. There also was extremely limited stock of the prices that did actually come down to reasonable levels and sold out FAST!

That’s why I went to a tablet! Got the Asus Transformer tf300t. 1.2ghz quad core tegra & 32gb onboard storage, plus keyboard dock. While it’s not a 100% replacement for a laptop… the 12 core video chip allow some gaming replacement as well in performance mode… so AMD + Intel go to hell for 3 more years! Tell your retailers to stop seasonally jacking up the prices… consumers may have to take that kind of behavior from gas stations, but not tech products.

I understand that and had to pay a hefty contract termination fee, that worked out to be 2/3 off the contact anyway. effectively they’ve paid 75% of the full contact for 10% of the contact goods.

AMD must really be in the shitter if they’re willing to pay 7x the price for their goods, to avoid paying a few dollars.