Amazon wipes Kindle, closes account, doesn't tell why - they can do that

vbimport

I just posted the article Amazon wipes Kindle, closes account, doesn’t tell why - they can do that.

Not only Microsoft just wipes or blocks accounts also Amazon employees are guilty, click to read more…

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/amazon-wipes-kindle-closes-account-doesnt-tell-why-they-can-do-that-64434/](http://www.myce.com/news/amazon-wipes-kindle-closes-account-doesnt-tell-why-they-can-do-that-64434/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Best reason to prefer physical books/media over any DRM crippled downloads. :Z

No more amazon for me :disagree:

Never had a paperback go blank on me, can’t say that about e-readers.
Did however have the library ask for their books back on a couple of occasions.

ZZ’s got my answer, too. Vinyl. Books. ha ha… I just can’t believe DaTaxMan never hoped onboard my idea of a '66 Mustang convertible to tool around his new Denver digs.

But I am anxious to see how The Cloud Services hold up to actual use. I don’t know if our torches & pitchworks will work when they start Bin-Laden’ing us with drones. “We’re no longer satisfied with shutting down your IP access - we’re comin’ in thru the windows!!!” Blasted little dragon-fly RC copters…

Coincidentally I have recently been debating on the Kindle Fire HD which is coming out later this week, but wanted to see what’s the reaction like first. However, after reading this story, I’ve made my decision and am glad to have read this now rather than later. :eek:

As for content protected by the Devil’s Restrictions Management (DRM), the only purchases I make (and have made) are priced at $0.00. Where possible, any paid purchases I do make are physical and buying second hand is usually a lot cheaper than even digital downloads.

[QUOTE=Seán;2660717]
As for content protected by the Devil’s Restrictions Management (DRM), the only purchases I make (and have made) are priced at $0.00. Where possible, any paid purchases I do make are physical and buying second hand is usually a lot cheaper than even digital downloads.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I do and will always do.
Physical media is hard to beat.

But if it were me and I downloaded purchased stuff, I would quickly copy it back to a hard drive.
This name they have given to up/download access called the “cloud”…
to me that isn’t a good namesake.

[QUOTE=Steve33;2660721]That’s what I do and will always do.
Physical media is hard to beat.

But if it were me and I downloaded purchased stuff, I would quickly copy it back to a hard drive.
This name they have given to up/download access called the “cloud”…
to me that isn’t a good namesake.[/QUOTE]If you use cloud don’t put backup movies and music on your mobile devices you will soon suffer the same fate as the women in the story MS, amazon, google they can kiss my butt:Z and their cloud storage.:bigsmile:

There’s no way I would buy anything that relies on “cloud” to store, or backup. I cannot understand why people do this. I can only guess they don’t realise how vulnerable their storage is.
I can see this “we don’t like, cut you off” policy will become realised more by potential buyers of DRM hobbled cloud stored reading material and will be put off, loosing more customers
I’m actually sick of Amazon lately, Audible has turned in to a fiasco of bad downloads, missing books in certain series and book listings in the wrong order causing me to listen to later books first. Most annoying.

[QUOTE=ZappZapp;2660559]Best reason to prefer physical books/media over any DRM crippled downloads. :Z

No more amazon for me :disagree:[/QUOTE]

Yup DRM isn’t worth the price of losing your rights to a company who can just wipe your data overnight and say oh well.

I just read that the access was reinstated. The complete ignorance that happened in this case is probably still a good reason to avoid Amazon wherever possible.

Too bad some hacker can’t or hasn’t created a virus that could be hidden in an e-book that would go to a company like Amazon if they tried to wipe the ebooks from someones computer. Then shut their whole system down until they could fix it.

When in doubt, burn whatever you buy to a non-rewritable optical disk. That way, they can’t take it back without first assassinating you as a distraction… which won’t be happening for a few more years.
:smiley:

PS: Amazon, I love you for selling DRM-free MP3’s. After reading this, I feel so betrayed that you would think of doing this to a customer.