Amazon UK launches music download service

vbimport

Online retail website Amazon has launched a UK music download service.

Amazon MP3 will sell tracks from 59p and albums from £3.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7762738.stm

'Bout time we got one as well, hehe :smiley:

I wonder why there is no store selling music in FLAC or other lossless formats :frowning:

It will be certainly a nice thing in my opinion :slight_smile:

since bcc music download has launched a new product,will other country music probably songs from africa be included well i hope

musicplatinum

[QUOTE=geno888;2169807]I wonder why there is no store selling music in FLAC or other lossless formats :frowning:

It will be certainly a nice thing in my opinion :)[/QUOTE]

Partially because that they aren’t very compatible with other options (ie car CD players). I know there are a few programs out there that can convert them from FLAC or other lossless formats to MP3 if necessary but it never seems to come out right. I certainly know that for me the flac formats are a turn off for that very reason.

Anyways, a bit OT but I was going to ask about the american Amazon D/L service as they do have some rarities there that I wouldn’t mind picking up.

Probably the biggest question I have is what sort of restrictions do they have on them? (ie can you only burn them to a CD once) can I put them on more than one PC, etc. I have heard of some pay MP3 download sites with such restrictions, hence the reason why I have avoided them until now.