Amazon launches DRM-free MP3 music download shop

I just posted the article Amazon launches DRM-free MP3 music download shop.

The online retail giant Amazon has officially launched its much anticipated online MP3 music store, doing away with the infamous restrictive DRM technology. Unlike other DRM-free music services…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13738-Amazon-launches-DRM-free-MP3-music-download-shop.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13738-Amazon-launches-DRM-free-MP3-music-download-shop.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

They’re slowly moving toward the day when we buy quality remastered lossLESS non-DRM crippled songs for 25 cents a piece. When that happens music sales will explode.

I’d pay 2 bucks a track, if only it was lossless FLAC…

It’s a step in the right direction. We can’t have everything our way, but doing away with DRM is a nice start. 256k is great for the average user. We’ll have lossless DRMless music one day, so let’s just appreciate this for now.
This message was edited at: 26-09-2007 14:28

First we had crappy 128k DRM infected music. Now we have DRM-free 256k music. We might get lossless music in the near future. But the ultimate goal must be high resolution 192 KHz, 24bit music just like DVD-Audio. Then we will finally have downloadable music in much better quality than CDs :slight_smile:

First we had crappy 128k DRM infected music. Now we have DRM-free 256k music. We might get lossless music in the near future. But the ultimate goal must be high resolution 192 KHz, 24bit music just like DVD-Audio. Then we will finally have downloadable music in much better quality than CDs :slight_smile:

What do you know… They actually read our front page :slight_smile: I bet in a year from now nobody will remember what drm-ed music was… Seriously, this is bound to increase the sales and those few labels left will join in.

I step in the rite direction but USA only mentality again…

• Removed: useless comment, one smiley -