Amazon admits it made a mistake, we now know: You don't own e-books

Amazon admits it made a mistake, we now know: You don’t own e-books.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/10/QQgaUy.jpg[/newsimage]While Amazon seems to have made mistake, you should read this story on what they can do with e-books and Kindles...

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/amazon-admits-it-made-a-mistake-we-now-know-you-dont-own-e-books-64469/](http://www.myce.com/news/amazon-admits-it-made-a-mistake-we-now-know-you-dont-own-e-books-64469/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That’s why every time I buy an e-book I open it on my pc in one window and open Notepad in another adjacent window. I then proceed to type every word of the e-book in to Notepad [I][U]before I even read[/U][/I] the book. I don’t want to be caught cold if Amazon sneezes. [/sarcasm]

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2660764]That’s why every time I buy an e-book I open it on my pc in one window and open Notepad in another adjacent window. I then proceed to type every word of the e-book in to Notepad [I][U]before I even read[/U][/I] the book. I don’t want to be caught cold if Amazon sneezes. [/sarcasm][/QUOTE]WOW! You really type the entire book in Notepad, and then read them? Try this instead. It will be a lot easier. Download the Kindle DRM Removal tool from www.ebook-converter.com and use it to remove the DRM from your Kindle books (you can do three books for free). Then download Calibre from www.calibre-ebook.com and use it to convert the books from Kindle’s .azw format to a different format that you can use on any tablet/ebook reader of your choice. Calibre will save the converted books to it’s own default location, and you can even use the program to load the books onto your tablet/eBook reader. I’ve done this with every Kindle book I have, and used Calibre to load them on my $45.00 generic 7" eBook reader, and it’s great.

[QUOTE=BradWright;2660772]WOW! You really type the entire book in Notepad, and then read them?[/QUOTE]
[B]sarcasm[/B]

sar·casm [sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
  2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

:wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2660789][B]sarcasm[/B]

sar·casm [sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
  2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

;)[/QUOTE]Unlike you apparently, I don’t know this person, and because I don’t know her, I also don’t know if she was being sarcastic or not, so I offered her a solution. Your smart-ass reply to me, on the other hand, offered nothing.

[QUOTE=BradWright;2660791]Unlike you apparently, I don’t know this person, and because I don’t know her, I also don’t know if she was being sarcastic or not, so I offered her a solution. Your smart-ass reply to me, on the other hand, offered nothing.[/QUOTE]

olyteddy had already indicated he was using sarcasm in that earlier post.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2660764]That’s why every time I buy an e-book I open it on my pc in one window and open Notepad in another adjacent window. I then proceed to type every word of the e-book in to Notepad [I][U]before I even read[/U][/I] the book. I don’t want to be caught cold if Amazon sneezes. [/sarcasm][/QUOTE]

Presumably Drage thought you hadn’t understood.

[B]Wombler[/B]

We’ve seen a lot of DRM come and go, we wonder when Amazon will decide to really let you own your e-books.

As soon as they realize they can’t stop people from hacking and removing their DRM.
:bigsmile:

Sorry to start a s***storm there. I thought the humor was pretty evident with

type every word of the e-book in to Notepad [I][U]before I even read [/U][/I]the book

As how could I type it in without reading it…

PS: Good tips on how to ‘own’ the book though.

How about saving the azw file to your PC?