Amazing Region Free tool for ltd-165 and 163!

Just seen it in the firmware forum :

http://www.topotec.com.hk/download/DOWNLOADLiteon.html

It’s on this Hong Kong site apparently since May.
They present it as “Liteon DVD LTD-165H Region code free tool”
but I tried it on my 163 and it works too.
“Ein” who found it and posted it in the firmware forum has successfully tried it on his 165H drive. He says he had to set the win 98 compatibility mode on his winxp pro to get it to work.

No need for dos mode, no command line, don’t even have to know where your drive is on the IDE…

Amazing :cool: :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Very interesting, nothing but good news today it seems :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Airhead
Very interesting, nothing but good news today it seems :slight_smile:

After the news story about flashing the 32123 to 40x, I can’t help but agree with you. weeeeeeee

Very nice Mango.
I have tried with my LTD165H and it worked.
I use Windows XP and indeed had to set the tool in Windows 98 mode. Thanks.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yeah, isn’t it just great?

We were hoping for something like the r1211 but this is much better! No dos, no reboot, no command line, no need to know which IDE… and it works just like a switch…

Best of all, it works for the whole 163 and 165 range, and if I’m right, it should work for all Liteon’s and rebadged dvd line.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I couldn’t get mine to work :frowning: it said that I didn’t have aspi for windows even though I had wnaspi32.dll in the same directory.

Copy wnaspi32.dll to System32 folder under windows.

Originally posted by Wooglie
I couldn’t get mine to work :frowning: it said that I didn’t have aspi for windows even though I had wnaspi32.dll in the same directory.

Did you tried in Windows 98 mode?

Best of all, it works for the whole 163 and 165 range, and if I’m right, it should work for all Liteon’s and rebadged dvd line.

Do you know if this works with the new LTD166s?

Originally posted by Namoh
[B]

Do you know if this works with the new LTD166s? [/B]

It sure does! :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Nicowico
[B]

Did you tried in Windows 98 mode? [/B]

Yeah I did. It loaded without, but had no effect :frowning:

Maybe it’s a little bit confusing but you have to click “disable” and not “enable”