Am I on Moderated Status?

Last night I posted a message to the thread I started in the Newbie forum with the subject line: “An old guy wants to learn to copy DVDs.”

But now, more than 12 hours later, my post hasn’t appeared, so I’m wondering if I, as a newbie, might be on moderated status.

Should I keep waiting for my post to appear in this forum, or should I just repost my message, on the assumption that something went haywire and my message got lost in the electronic ether? :confused:

I do not think it’s your fault. There was a problem with this site. It is quite possible that your post just got lost in space.
Post a new one.

Hi,

your post is here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/old-guy-wants-learn-copy-dvds-262680/

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2204590]Hi,

your post is here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/old-guy-wants-learn-copy-dvds-262680/

Michael[/QUOTE]yup there be the thread but his post from last night isn’t…

[quote=Bob;2204617]yup there be the thread but his post from last night isn’t…[/quote]oops. sorry :o

[B]@Clueless in Seattle:[/B] maybe your post did get lost somehow. There are some definite problems with the site at the moment and we’re all having trouble posting (sometimes too many as well as not enough :wink: ). You’re not being moderated in any way :slight_smile:

I bumped your thread up in the Newbie forum, and [B]mciahel[/B] has given you the link above; so please try and post again if you can. :flower:

I’m still having having trouble posting.

Last night I posted a message about pre-selecting subtitle and audio options when burning back-up DVDs, but I can’t seem to find that post in the Newbie forum this morning.

I wonder if I posted it in the wrong forum.

I just did a search for all my posts and it didn’t turn up.

Any advice on how to make sure my posts get through. I’m disabled by chronic pain and so it takes quite a bit of effort to just type a message. I’d like to avoid having to re-type my posts if I can.

Are you clicking on “Preview Post” instead of “Submit New Thread”?

It’s possible you’re looking at Preview and then moving on to other tasks. If that is what’s happening, your new threads or replies are not being submitted.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2215210]Are you clicking on “Preview Post” instead of “Submit New Thread”?

It’s possible you’re looking at Preview and then moving on to other tasks. If that is what’s happening, your new threads or replies are not being submitted.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the problem. I have cognitive problems related to chronic illnesses and often am quite the space cadet.

I’ll try to get into the habit of typing my messages in a text editor and then cutting and pasting them into the forum’s message window. That way if I space out again I won’t have to retype my queries.

Thanks for being so patient with me.

That happens to me too! I can post responses, but I can’t start new threads. I have looked to see if there was a time frame in which new users were moderated, but I can’t find anything.

This morning I tried to post a new thread, and checked back an hour or so later but my post wasn’t in the Newbie forum. So I posted it again.

Now when I check, I see that my post has shown up twice! How embarrassing!

I tried to delete the duplicate post, but it seemed to be locked. Can someone delete it for me to save me from Newbie embarrassment?

The subject line is:

“Please Help: How to Burn DVD with Subtitles ON?”

I combined them already Clueless. The redirect from the duplicate will disappear in a bit. No worries, the forum has been doing some strange hiccups for all of us.