Am I my Brother's keeper-Obama's Brother

I offer no comment.:eek: (except this one)

I read this quite a while ago. What does this say about Obama’s compassion? Also, it should be noted that he met this brother in 2006 so claiming he wasn’t aware of his plight is an outright lie. If I were McCain I would have this in an ad IMMEDIATELY. If would go something like this: “If Obama can’t take the time and effort help his own brother then why do you think he will help you as your president?” There could be multiple ad variations on this theme.

UTR/ZATH
According to a puff report by CNN.
OBAMAS brother is happy living in his hut.
So if that’s true lets worry about OBAMAS sister.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=zap em;2145467]UTR/ZATH
According to a puff report by CNN.
OBAMAS brother is happy living in his hut.
So if that’s true lets worry about OBAMAS sister.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

It looks to me like his brother may have more class than BHO does. The guy wants out of the slums. Here are some quotes from the article:
[I]

• He told the magazine: “I live like a recluse, no-one knows I exist.”

• “No-one knows who I am,” he told the magazine, before claiming: “I live here on less than a dollar a month.”

• Embarrassed by his penury, he said that he does not does not mention his famous half-brother in conversation. “If anyone says something about my surname, I say we are not related. I am ashamed,” he said.

• He has only met his famous older brother twice - once when he was just five and the last time in 2006 when Senator Obama was on a tour of East Africa and visited Nairobi. The Illinois senator mentions his brother in his autobiography, describing him in just one passing paragraph as a “beautiful boy with a rounded head”. Of their second meeting, George Obama said: “It was very brief, we spoke for just a few minutes. It was like meeting a complete stranger.”

• George added he was no longer in contact with his mother and said:"I have had to learn to live and take what I need. "Huruma is a tough place, last January during the elections there was rioting and six people were hacked to death. The police don’t even arrest you they just shoot you. “I have seen two of my friends killed. I have scars from defending myself with my fists. I am good with my fists.”[/I]

If this indicates he is happy living in his hut (it isn’t a hut but a 4’x6’ rancid room) then I can’t see it in his words. He is ashamed of his circumstances and won’t even admit that BHO is his brother. I can’t imagine letting anyone in my family live like this guy is living. Especially, if I were making hundreds of thousands, and now millions, of dollars a year. How do you defend this type of callous behavior from anyone, especially a presidential candidate? If this were McCain the press would have him skewered and roasting over the coals DAILY. Do you think Obama really cares about us when he can’t muster the compassion to help his own brother? Do you think McCain, Hillary, Biden or Palin would allow this to happen to their brother?

I have been supporting Children thru the Christian Children’s Fund for the past 15 years. I am on my second child now. NO ONE wants to live in a hut. People have pride you know, to say he wants to live there is naive . He can’t send his brother a couple of hundred bucks a month or sponsor him to come to the U.S.? What a load of crap. People who vote for Obama are voting for something else that has been transferred onto this demagogue. I understand what Obama supporters want, that’s obvious. It isn’t going to come from Obama though. The initials for his name are B.O., appropriate somehow.

We don’t know all the particulars and i have read many stories of similar situations through the years.

[QUOTE=Bob;2145491]We don’t know all the particulars and i have read many stories of similar situations through the years.[/QUOTE]

He’s destitute, lives in a shack and his income is about a dollar a month. What else do you need to know? I have read many stories too. I was a Social Worker for the Federal Government on top of it. This seems self evident.

Brother, can you spare a dime?
“If you give me a hamburger today, I’ll gladly pay you on Tuesday”…Mr. Wimpy.

“Give a man a fish,he’ll eat for a day, teach him how to fish he’ll eat forever”

Give him some fish before you teach him how to. It’s hard to learn on an empty stomach.

I can just imagine, on an empty stomach, the interview: “Do you like your hut or would rather be on the street?”, “I love my hut.” gurgle gurgle his stomach adds.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2145499]He’s destitute, lives in a shack and his income is about a dollar a month. What else do you need to know? I have read many stories too. I was a Social Worker for the Federal Government on top of it. This seems self evident.

[B]Brother, can you spare a dime?
“If you give me a hamburger today, I’ll gladly pay you on Tuesday”…Mr. Wimpy.
[/B]
“Give a man a fish,he’ll eat for a day, teach him how to fish he’ll eat forever”

Give him some fish before you teach him how to. It’s hard to learn on an empty stomach.

I can just imagine, on an empty stomach, the interview: “Do you like your hut or would rather be on the street?”, “I love my hut.” gurgle gurgle his stomach adds.[/QUOTE]yep and i have been there and done that and my parents had a reason for it along with my brother so all i’m saying is we don’t know all the particulars. I’ve been homeless and didn’t even have a hut. Meal what’s that etc…panhandle…yep i’ve done that also.

[QUOTE=Bob;2145491]We don’t know all the particulars and i have read many stories of similar situations through the years.[/QUOTE]

I think we know plenty. His brother lives in the slums of Nairobi while BHO made FOUR MILLION DOLLARS last year! He can’t plead ignorance because he personally met the guy in 2006. Tell me where a presidential candidate in modern times has had a brother living in a slum on one dollar a month and not lifted a finger to help him? Obama is just a hollow shell and has been made out to be some savior by the liberal press and promoted by the ultra left wing radicals out of Chicago and elsewhere. If he wants to be our savior he can start by saving his own brother. Until then he needs some lessons in harboring real compassion for his fellow man. Those that have bought into his hype may has severe buyers remorse if he is elected. Even if 10% of this story is true then it disqualifies him from being president on moral grounds alone, IMO.

[QUOTE=Bob;2145512]yep and i have been there and done that and my parents had a reason for it along with my brother so all i’m saying is we don’t know all the particulars. I’ve been homeless and didn’t even have a hut. Meal what’s that etc…panhandle…yep i’ve done that also.[/QUOTE]

There is no more to this story by the admission of each brother. BHO mentions him in passing in his book and the brother acknowledges they are strangers. The facts seem to show that BHO has not given a damn about the guy. I wonder if BHO has helped out any other family members living in Africa? He has gone out of his way to keep this side of his family swept under the rug. How many times have you heard him discuss his white relatives in detail? Quite a few times from what I have seen. How many times has he discussed his African family members and what he has done for them? I can’t recall ONE TIME! BHO is a self serving individual. He has shown time and again that if you can’t help him reach his political goals then he has no use for you. Ask the Rev. Wright how that can happen to his closest buddies.

[QUOTE=UTR;2145515][B]Until then he needs some lessons in harboring real compassion for his fellow man.[/B] Those that have bought into his hype may has severe buyers remorse if he is elected. Even if 10% of this story is true then it disqualifies him from being president on moral grounds alone, IMO.[/QUOTE]Well if that’s the way you feel then every president should have been impeached. We don’t know all of the particulars. Read my post #8

I could cry up a real good story to people i knew on the streets ready to kill my parents and brother but if they knew all the particulars then they would have thought different.

Homelessness in a first world country is in no way comparable to the plight of people’s in the 3rd world. Most first worlders who have supporting family are snot nosed brats who were too rebellious for their own good. I worked with run-aways in Philadelphia. There were young girls raped by their fathers and others who were on the streets because they elected to do drugs. You comparing apples and oranges. Ten dollars a day to someone in Nairobi would be a major lifestyle change, not so in the first world. Really, let’s be real about this. It’'s all about having a proper perspective. You are not running for president.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2145520]Homelessness in a first world country is in no way comparable to the plight of people’s in the 3rd world. [B]Most first worlders who have supporting family are snot nosed brats who were too rebellious for their own good.[/B] I worked with run-aways in Philadelphia. There were young girls raped by their fathers and others who were on the streets because they elected to do drugs. You comparing apples and oranges. Ten dollars a day to someone in Nairobi would be a major lifestyle change, not so in the first world. Really, let’s be real about this. It’'s all about having a proper perspective. You are not running for president.[/QUOTE]hey don’t be calling me no names. You don’t know the particulars.

[QUOTE=Bob;2145518]Well if that’s the way you feel then every president should have been impeached. We don’t know all of the particulars. Read my post #8

I could cry up a real good story to people i knew on the streets ready to kill my parents and brother but if they knew all the particulars then they would have thought different.[/QUOTE]

I guess I see too much hypocrisy in Obama’s words of being a compassionate leader while doing nothing to help his brother. I’m not basing my opinion on just this article. It does fit in well with many other things I have read and seen since he has run for president that isn’t flattering for the guy. IMO, it is one thing to lie to us about raising taxes and another to say he “cares” about us and then lets his brother live in squalor while he lives the life of luxury. If you can’t help your blood brother then why would you care about a stranger? If he had helped this guy then I think he would have mentioned it to the reporters. I understand how hard it is for an Obama supporter to defend his actions on this one. I wouldn’t want that job.

If you want to see REAL COMPASSION then watch the documentary “The Lost Boys”. Maybe BHO show put it on his viewing list. If he has watched it and wasn’t motivated to help his brother(s) and sister(s) then he must have a cold heart.

[QUOTE=UTR;2145526]I guess I see too much hypocrisy in Obama’s words of being a compassionate leader while doing nothing to help his brother. I’m not basing my opinion on just this article. It does fit in well with many other things I have read and seen since he has run for president that isn’t flattering for the guy. IMO, it is one thing to lie to us about raising taxes and another to say he “cares” about us and then lets his brother live in squalor while he lives the life of luxury. If you can’t help your blood brother then why would you care about a stranger? If he had helped this guy then I think he would have mentioned it to the reporters. [B]I understand how hard it is for an Obama supporter to defend his actions on this one.[/B] I wouldn’t want that job.[/QUOTE]I’m not defending Obama. I would say everything i have said for you or anyone. We don’t know the particulars.

[QUOTE=Bob;2145528]I’m not defending Obama. I would say everything i have said for you or anyone. We don’t know the particulars.[/QUOTE]

Point taken. I guess we all have to consider what we feel is necessary when deciding who gets our vote.

@Bob, no name calling intended. The point I was trying to make is that domestic homelessness is usually caused by parental abuse or drug abuse and also economic issues. That is different from the endemic poverty is 3rd world countries. There are opportunities that exists here that just do not exist in these countries. As far as Obama is concerned he met this “brother” in 2006. He avoids all mention of this side of his family. The reason I even posted this is because Barack says what people want to hear but offers no real substance when it comes to these issues surrounding his past. I don’t know who Obama is. I don’t think anybody does.

I agree with Bob, unless you know the story in dept you can’t have a judgment about a person character. Also let’s say he would send $1000/ month for this brother of his, is that make him fit for the presidency? There are many thing we have to consider and know about to shape our judgment who will be qualified to be the president.

TCAS
No disrespect but if you believe SEN.OBAMA
will do that. Then you must believe that
JOHN MCCAIN will acknowledge that his brothers
911 call for traffic was a good thing.
ZAP.:iagree::iagree:

[QUOTE=zap em;2146171]TCAS
No disrespect but if you believe SEN.OBAMA
will do that. Then you must believe that
JOHN MCCAIN will acknowledge that his brothers
911 call for traffic was a good thing.
ZAP.:iagree::iagree:

[/QUOTE]

I did not say he does that all I said caring for his bother alone do not qualify him to be president. They are other issues, like having enough experience to know how the government works, foreign policy experience, military experience, grasp of the issue like unforeseen disasters, wars, economy, and respect for rule laws and so on.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2146178]I did not say he does that all I said caring for his bother alone do not qualify him to be president. They are other issues, like having enough experience to know how the government works, foreign policy experience, military experience, grasp of the issue like unforeseen disasters, wars, economy, and respect for rule laws and so on.[/QUOTE]

For me, I need to know if the person I vote for has basic human decency regarding his fellow man and this decency starts with his own immediate family. The issue with Obama’s brother just doesn’t pass the smell test for me. He has made no effort to contact him and the fact this guy is living in a slum on one dollar a month when Obama made four million dollars last year leaves a lot of explaining that NEEDS to be done. The fact this has been swept under the rug makes me even more suspicious. Also, the complete lack of mention of the African side of his family is EXTREMELY odd to me. What I KNOW about this matter disturbs me as much as what I DON’T know. When someone runs for president your life basically becomes an open book because the job is far too important to give someone a pass on having basic moral decency towards his siblings. If Obama has a reason for his behavior then we need to know what it is. There is just too much I don’t know about the guy and this disturbs me greatly. I know a lot about McCain, warts and all. All I know about Obama is the hype they have fed us.