Am i just paranoid? or may there actually be something wrong?

Alright here it goes, I’m not even sure if this is correct place to post this but oh well. For months now sleeping has been a troubling thing for me. I only get about 4 or 5 hours a night and i have to get up at 5:45 in the morning on most days. But even when i’m able to sleep later i can’t sleep any later then 8 not matter how tired may i be. What seems to be irritating me the most though is that once its finally time for me to go to sleep i’m wide awake. It’s getting hard to focus on things such as reading and i end up being exremely irritable all during the day. I don’t know if i’m just paranoid about me having some kind of sleeping disorder or if there may actually be something wrong.

This was a lot longer then i anticipated it being .__.

Sleep issues are tough to diagnose and deal with successfully. A few things that help me sleep is to take Melatonin and a multi-vitamin about 1-2 hours before I plan to go to bed. Also, taking an antihistamine (Benadryl etc.) can make you drowsy. Getting exercise can also help you get to sleep easier. Then you can always see a doctor and get professional help. They can tell you if you are suffering from sleep apnea or some other breathing disorder.

It could be your internal clock is messed up have you switched shifts at work recently?
I have a hard time going to sleep at night because my internal clock is all out of whack
and if I get to sleep before 4:00 AM then it is a miracle I’m usually still awake when the
sun comes up in the morning and then like you I sleep around 4 or 5 hours.

Could be anything, from annoying sounds in the background to vitamin disorder and everything else physical or psychological. Try to focus on what recently changed in your life and/or environment and try to see if it had effect on your sleeping.

… and never underestimate the power of stress to affect your life in multitudes of ways.

Aging may bring unwelcome changes in your sleep, such as more fragmented sleep (more rapid sleep cycles), a decrease in deep sleep, and more awakenings between sleep cycles - I seem to be getting here