Am i just lucky?

ok i’ve been reading about all this cd protections and how some burners cant burn it.
i’ve NEVER found a piece of software or audio cd that i cannot burn. i use clone cd with only fast error skip on. i have a 40xultraplex and a 8x plextor. both scsi.
i’ve even go out of my way to buy audio cds with new cd protection on them. copy them no problem. i’ve yet to find a game i cant copy. (pls sugggest one). my frineds have problem copying a few. for me no problem. Mohaa was an easy copy. max payne too easy. the only one that has ever gave me a slight problem was diablo 2 but i just had to put the burn speed down to 4X. after that no problem.

so am i just lucky??
i just bought a 40x plextor today hope it works as well as my 8x has.

Originally posted by Filter
i’ve NEVER found a piece of software or audio cd that i cannot burn… i’ve yet to find a game i cant copy. (pls sugggest one). my frineds have problem copying a few. for me no problem. Mohaa was an easy copy. max payne too easy. the only one that has ever gave me a slight problem was diablo 2 but i just had to put the burn speed down to 4X. after that no problem.

Bragger!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Also posted by Filter

Let us know how well you do with the Plex 40x. I’ll be interested in your results with MOHAA.

i was just asking am i??? i just read all these threads about people having problem.

i hae a feeling my 40x plextor wont be as good as my 8x

i’ve yet to find a game i cant copy

How Does Moto Racer 3 by Electronic Arts sounds ?

Tages’ protection does not work in the same traditional ways of Macrovision’s Safe Disk or Sony’s Securom or etc . . .

At the moment this protection is UN BACKABLE ! No matter the drive or the software !

As for the Audio protections, its common knowledge that Plextor’s are renouned for being able to read through audio protections irrespective of model, and in so doing it with Clone the resulting copy would be with out protection.

With regard to the Safe Disk 2/2.51 your Plex 8/20 again Plex 8/20 was one of the ONLY Plextor Models that was able to do a correct encoding of the regular bit patterns, hence you were able to back up titles with SD2/2.51.

As much as I hate to say that the ability of the Plextor 40X in correctly encoding of the regular bit patterns is not too great. There are by far more Unsuccessful result as far as backing up the SD2/2.51 with this drive than successful ones.

Plextor is a great overall drive, I know and I have owned 3 of them at one point but have changed them for obvious reasons.

If you have any plan of backing up the SD2/2.51 with this drive then chances are that you might be disappointed.

i’ll buy a moto racer 3 this weekend. i need something to shoot me down from this cloud.

actually that plextor 8\20 was actually an imation 8\20 hacked to a plextor. ie…firmware. since plextor made imation 8\20 drives

What, dont you like being absorbed by happiness?
You’re a very strange person…:wink:

i call my burner the special burner so far it has yet to be defeted. and i like competition so i want it to be defeated. weird i know

Tages cannot be copied, not even with your special writer! (If you just want to test if it can be copied I would suggest you rent the game from your local video-rental-store or whereever the rent games!) About the MOHAA copy, does it also work in non-Plextor drives? Plextor is known for making copies of SD2.51.021 which will only work in the writer.

tried it in about 15 different drives ranging from regular cd roms to dvd players etc. i dont remeber the brands. but i have yet to findone it wont work in.

and i’ll let you know this weekend how the teags (spelling) burn goes. i do plan on getting defeated but. the little guy is batting a 1000

Originally posted by Filter
i just bought a 40x plextor today hope it works…
Doh! Doh!

Originally posted by FutureProof
Doh! Doh!

so far my 40x has done evrything i’ve thrown at it.

just got done doing mohaa and max payne.

so far no regrets

Great! You can do any SD up to v2.51.020 like Max (2.3.something).

MOHAA, on the other hand, is 2.51.021, so are you using AWS? Does the MOHAA backup work in other devices? There are a few reports of ‘lucky’ Plex 40x backing up SD 2.51.021 without AWS

!TAGES!

hehe good luck!

works fine wit out aws i’ve tried it in all my friends cd roms. i do not know what brands they have off top of my head. but 10+ drives at the moment and it works just fine. like i said before i’ve never had a problem with any game i’ve tried to burn. and so far the 40xplextor has burned anything i’ve thrown at it.

i have not tried a tages protected game yet.

trying a tages game isnt worth the trouble…i believe they use a special media so that different values are read as the laser passes over certain sections @ different angles…or something along those lines.

Verify that \Data\Shared\Wave.aif file (81920 bytes) is present on your disc. Some comments from VeNoM

VeNoM386

DAEMON Tools Developer

Group: DAEMON Tools Staff

What concerns StarForce it is not possible to burn even theoretically with any program or writer, unless you get special media which can be different for each title or even party of CDs of same title. So forget it. It can be only emulated.
Support for emulation from image will be included soon.

I have also analyzed TAGES protection in Motoracer3. It WILL be possible to copy this protection relatively easy on any RAW capable writer. I have successfully made 1:1 copy for test purposes. No further details until work is completely finished.

puzzo

Imp

Group: New Members

I continue my research in Motoracer3 and I found interesting thing…I wrote a simple app that using native VXD driver from this game to read sectors from disk (now I have an original CD) and I notice the following: I read some sector (e.g. 0x000509BA) several times (15-20) and in the upshot I get 2 absolutely DIFFERENT sectors. Now I’m working on the emulator but maybe somebody can explain me how it works…

AtomicX

Imp

Well, the theory is that Tages used IPG (Irregular Pit Geometry) or a similar, low-level, hardware-based technology, so that bits change when read differently (Different speeds / angles?)
This can be emulated quite easily I believe, though we won’t know for sure which sectors have IPG. For CloneCD… this IS a problem. Oliver Kastl’s saying:

“What can be read can be written”

should be

“What can be read can be written with matching media” perhaps?

DarkSoul

Imp

The sectors from 330093 to 330349 are protected on the Moto Racer 3 CD. The others (0 to 330092 and 330350 to 332489) are not protected. So there are 257 protected sectors on the disc. A crack for the excecutable is not the problem… takes only a lot of time.

puzzo

Imp

BTW…I’ve finished emulator for mr3 and I can send a source (to VeNoM386)

Didnt hear back from your mate.
Too embarrased by his bignoting?
lol

Oz

nicely picked up…but it’s not nettiquette to dredge up an old post, however, I don’t mind one iota and neither will anyone else hehe; method of choice is to ref the old post in a new one and make a commentary inviting further comment :wink: