Am I Encoding At High Quality

vbimport

Well I deleted all my mp3’s from my hardrive and decided that I would start over since all those former mp3’s had been encoded at CBR 128kbps. Well now I have begun my ripping and I am using dbpoweramp although I have EAC I couldn’t set my minimum bitrate to what I wanted.

These Are The settings I’m using in dbPoweramp

VBR Quality = High (Maximum)
No Preset

CRC Checksums = ticked
Private Bit = ticked
Copyrighted Bit = ticked
Original Bit = ticked

Disable Bit resovoir = not ticked

The minimum bitrate is set to 32kbps
The maximum bitrate is set to 320kbps

I am copying from an original Phil Collins - Hits CD, it has no errors and my drive has no problem reading it

There are two songs which i have encoded and both are at different bitrates but I’m not sure which one of the bitrates to use to copy the rest of the tracks.

Track One:-
VBR Minimum bitrate = 32kbps
Maximum bitrate = 320kbps

Track Two:-
VBR Minimum bitrate = 128kbps

Which settings do you guys recommend

Track Two:-
VBR Minimum bitrate = 128kbps
I don’t think the bit rate would dip to 32 but I would use the higher variable bit rate.

the one i always use in EAC is an external LAME Encoder with the r3mix preset. Gives me the best quality with smallest possible file size. You then don’t have to worry about the minimum/maximum bitrate because the preset automatically detects it for you

greetz

leave the minimum bitrate at 32. it only uses that to encode silence, i believe. maybe very low hums. when using lame, you see it have a few x’s in the 32 row, and then it jumps straight to 128 on up.

Thanks for your replies ;), I think I’m gonna leave my minimum at 32 since I don’t realy need silence at 128kbps.

Thanks for your replies , I think I’m gonna leave my minimum at 32 since I don’t realy need silence at 128kbps.
:bigsmile: Hm,woudn´t that be cool?1 80 min disc with silence mp3´s @ 320kBps?/gs.:bigsmile:

Please, forgive the stupid question: what’s the encoder?

Lame MP3 Encoder :stuck_out_tongue:

there is no better one…

I’m not sure about what command line dbPoweramp would use, but my recommendation for you using the r3mix preset would be for the “–alt-preset standard” instead. or “–alt-preset standard -Z” as it’s recommended now by hydrogenaudio, to use with versions 3.90 or 3.90.2 of lame.

for Green Buddah, unless dbPoweramp has its own command line for the VBR settings you may try also the ap settings, particularly “–alt-preset extreme -Z” or “–alt-preset insane” for fixed bitrate and the highest quality of mp3.
If you really need variable bitrate to be better than the extreme preset, then give “–alt-preset extreme -V0 -Z --lowpass 20.5” a try for possibly the variable bitrate highest quality in LAME.