Alternatives to p2p

vbimport

hey. now that i've heard that record companies are trying to sabatoge p2p networks, ive been trying to find some alternatives. does anyone have any good ideas on where i can find real songs without the chance of them being fake. ive heard that some people use IRC. is it any good? thanx for any info.

There are FTPs, there are newsgroups and there is IRC.

Hardly any of these is used to legally exchange music (haven’t used any of these methods myself, so can’t help you on that) and on illegal matters I cannot and will not help on this forum, sorry.

You can always use the networks set up by the record companies. Unfortunately they suck. Bugs, restrictions, fees, etc. Avoid like the Plague.

Originally posted by mmz87
hey. now that i’ve heard that record companies are trying to sabatoge p2p networks, ive been trying to find some alternatives. does anyone have any good ideas on where i can find real songs without the chance of them being fake. ive heard that some people use IRC. is it any good? thanx for any info.

why yes…

it’s brand new and it has just been in the market.

got your pencil ready ?

here it goes !

m u s i c s t o r e s

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]

why yes…

it’s brand new and it has just been in the market.

got your pencil ready ?

here it goes !

m u s i c s t o r e s [/B]

Thats not really an alternative. I think that artists should get what they deserve in terms of cash. Unfortunately, the CD prices are blown out of proportion and some people just can’t afford to buy them. Besides these p2p networks allow you to make your own custom cd’s without any hassles coming form restrictions on usage.

soo … buying is not an option ?

well … how about :

renting

borrowing

leasing

library

taping from radio

shoutcast servers

sure … you gotta do effort now … but it’s all vey cheap

Ok, perhaps those are alternatives to using p2p networks but you are still not getting the ease of use and diversity of the p2p’s. Finding a long lost song in one of your friends houses is much much harder and more unlikely than finding it on a p2p. Besides, borrowing or renting is temporary, you still have to return in the end. Taping from radio defeats the purpose of putting it on your computer easily. And like the radio the various internet stations limit your free will to choose what you want to listen to. I guess there is no alternative to p2p’s that will be as simple and free as them.

Ok, perhaps those are alternatives to using p2p networks but you are still not getting the ease of use and diversity of the p2p’s. Finding a long lost song in one of your friends houses is much much harder and more unlikely than finding it on a p2p. Besides, borrowing or renting is temporary, you still have to return in the end. Taping from radio defeats the purpose of putting it on your computer easily. And like the radio the various internet stations limit your free will to choose what you want to listen to. I guess there is no alternative to p2p’s that will be as simple and free as them.

Convenience is something that many people will pay for.
hence why if given the choice between a reasonable priced p2p network - eg: 50c per song Vs taping for free off the radio…90% of people would be coughing up $$$.

who needs new music? pink floyd isnt releasing anything, are they? :smiley:

Originally posted by ckin2001
who needs new music? pink floyd isnt releasing anything, are they? :smiley:

LOL :bigsmile:

Nope , maybe in 7 years from now :slight_smile: