Alternatives to Nero?

I HATE NERO.

i have no idea why, but i got a few suspicions that nero is linked to it killiny all 3 of my TDK burners

Reasons:

1. WHY DOES IT KEEP FREEZING? - I try to burn a authored VCD, then it goes up to 8%, nd stays there for infinity.

2. Audio CDs created are $|-|iT - they keep skipping and never work properly in a cd player

…So anyway, are there any other alternatvies to Nero, i mean GOOD alternatives. i need a program which allows me to create audio, svideo/video cds. Any ideas?
:confused: :confused:

Burnatonce – excellent alternative

www.burnatonce.com

Please be sure to follow the ASPI installation instructions if you are unsure about your current ASPI layer.

EDIT/ Oh, and it’s free :slight_smile:

DiscJuggler is my premasterer

Is easy cd creator any good?

Originally posted by nismohks
Is easy cd creator any good?

sure , but don’t use it for protected cd’s.

and make a snapshot of your drive before installing it , it might help if you ever want to uninstall it

Originally posted by Wedge Maniac
[B]Burnatonce – excellent alternative

www.burnatonce.com

Please be sure to follow the ASPI installation instructions if you are unsure about your current ASPI layer.

EDIT/ Oh, and it’s free :slight_smile: [/B]

Ditto :bigsmile:

sure , but don’t use it for protected cd’s.

???

Originally posted by nismohks
[B]

??? [/B]

some original audio and most data cd’s are copy protected in some form. Easy CD Creator cannot handle these.

@nismohks: “Is easy cd creator any good?”

@Mr. Belvedere: “sure, but don’t use it for protected cd’s.”

My opinion, sorry about this Mr. Belvedere: Don’t use it for anything else either.

It’s a bloated program which will causes trouble with your operating system and conflicts with other programs. It’s almost impossible to completely uninstall, although Microsoft’s website documents some ideas how to get ride of some of the junk it leaves behind. To completely get rid of Direct CD, the companion packet writing program you may need to reformat you hard drive and do a clean install. The warning by Mr. Belvedere to “make a snapshot of your drive before installing it” is to be taken very seriously!

There are alternatives to Nero, this isn’t one of them. My statements are for version 5, version 6, now released, even more bloated, will probably turn out to be worse.

WinOnCD 6 maybe something for you?
Some people I know prefer this over Nero.

I don’t use them myself, but other popular CDRW software include: NTI CD Maker, and RecordNow Max by Stomp.

So peeps,
Can someone list up good copiers that
can handle protected cds then

Alcohol 120%,BlindWrite,CloneCD

The Ultimate CD Burning Software! > CD Mate