Alternative to VSO ConvertXtoDVD

vbimport

I was wondering if there is an app out there that converts and burns DVDs a lot faster than ConvertXtoDVD. I tried Wondershare DVD Creator and WonderFox but they didn’t have the option to burn after converting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ConvertXtoDVD is noted for its combination of speed and quality. There is one program I recommend around here that can surpass it in quality of output, but is not faster, so I doubt you’d want to use it.

With modern computers, the time taken for conversion is trivial compared to what it once was. Why the need for extra speed, when it can only produce inferior results?

Hi Kerry56, Would you like to tell me the name of the program. I don’t care if it takes longer than ConvertXtoDVD. I have all the time in the world, but I prefer quality.

Thanks in advance

John

I recommend AVStoDVD. Use the HC encoder that is included with the program in a two pass configuration.

I recently converted nine or ten DVD’s from HD files for a nephew and it ran perfectly.

If you like menus, AVStoDVD can make simple ones, but nothing really complex, like a submenu for chapters.

This also works with standalone bluray with usb port.

So… instead of converting videos to dvd, just copy to a memory stick or a external hard disk (be sure it is mp4, avi or mkv first), and you can have your collection pretty easy.

Thanks Kerry.