Alternative to DiscSpeed, Disc Quality ? (Pioneer DVR-215D)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-215D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a Pioneer DVR-215DBK (SATA). I want to check the quality of my discs. DiscSpeed says under Disc Quality: Drive does not support this function. Anyone knows software, that I can use instead of DiscSpeed.
Thank you.

It is not a matter of software, but a matter of hardware. Pioneer drives are not reliable to run the quality test, so whatever software you’ll use the results will be not usable.

If you are interested in quality tests, you must get a reliable drive, and currently only Liteon are available in the market (genuine Plextor and BenQ drives are not more produced :()

thanks, can you recommend a LiteOn burner

Every liteon burner can do the quality test, so you can pick the one you can find more easily :slight_smile:

Maybe you can get more information reading all the scan threads posted here :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2180440]Every liteon burner can do the quality test…[/QUOTE]

Yes, but only the DH-20A3x and DH-20A8x (iHAPx22) models can scan for jitter on both layers of a dual layer disc. Considering the fact that he has a Pioneer, a drive known for it’s ability to burn DL media well, having a drive that can check all aspects of DL media would be important in this case. So, not just any Lite-On will do.

Shame no-one answered the OP question.
There is other s/w that will allow scanning via the Pioneer.
Whether it is consistent/accurate etc. Is probably dependent on the users interpretation.
DVDINFOPro is one such s/w.

thanks a lot for your information, all of you