Alternative for Nero 7 Soundtrax 2.5.4.1?

Audio mixing with Nero 7 Soundtrax (2.5.4.1) is a complete waste of time. The worst bugs i found so far:

• “group clips” will not be safed to the project file. That means you’ll have to fiddle the tracks around every time when you open your project.

• editing a music track by switching to Nero Wave Editor (2.5.4.1) and back results in a wave output volume of 0. silence. This means you have to open and adjust the volume output after every soundfile editing.

• random crashes

• graphic errors, some buttons not visible

:clap:

Can someone recommend me other audio mixing software, wich is trackbased ? With ‘trackbased’ i mean not the kind of software where you can see 2 turntables…

No offense, but I’m glad someone else is experiencing problems with this worthless POS besides me. Have you tried the free Audacity available from sourceforge? Basic looking but is capable of quite a bit depending on how exotic you want to get. Google it and try it. Don’t like it just uninstall. That’s all I use for my needs… :iagree:

Thank you very much, i’ve tried it now.
Audacity seem to work very stable, but i miss the capability of moving the tracks while playing. Ok i’m getting too fancy there…
Adobe Audition (was: Cool Edit Pro) should do the job i’m lookin for, but not at an affordable price. :rolleyes:

I will try to finish my mix at Soundtrax. Should be completed at Christmas :stuck_out_tongue:

My sentiments entirely! … See my post in “Why doesn’t everyone Just Stick with Nero 6” These add-on utilities (apart from maybe Cover Designer) are pretty crap TBH.
Colours are pretty though … :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Peace! …

Sony’s CD Architect 5.2 is perfect for this job. This is the program that professional users use to make red-book compliant CD’s to send off to the duplication houses. I use it to make mix CD’s and it works very well!!

CD Architect Web Page

I have seen most of your errors and just saw the Wave volume 0 the other day. So I agree the software has problems, and I got in the habit of saving often.

But I have no graphic problems, and what do you mean by “group clips” not being safed?

[QUOTE=Demodave;1616212]Sony’s CD Architect 5.2 is perfect for this job. This is the program that professional users use to make red-book compliant CD’s to send off to the duplication houses. I use it to make mix CD’s and it works very well!!

CD Architect Web Page[/QUOTE]

I had some mysterious problems with Nero 7’s SoundTrax – my mixes weren’t opening, the program was hanging (if it actually opened), etc. – so I upgraded to Nero 8 and that version’s SoundTrax. Different problems – every time I closed the program out, the changes (volume fade ins/outs, effects, etc.) were visible but not implemented (they showed up but they were not actually there).

Needless to say, once the program began crashing after I would spend an hour re-doing everything, I got fed up.

I’d have tried the Sony program but it doesn’t support FLAC, so I went with Audition 3.0. It can’t be any worse than Nero 8’s version of SoundTrax, and if it is, I’ll give up and buy a MacBook.

My $0.02, anyway.