Altering default menu page permanantly

I’m aware that this web site has tutorials showing how to alter the defaults page that appears when you are putting more than one DVD file into your new project. Is there some way so that I can just replace the current horrible drab brown default page with one of my choosing? If so how is this done.?

As for the Disk 1 & Disk 2 label which appears on this new page am I missing something when it only displays there numbered labels? I would have thought that the label for each disk should reflect the name of each project rather 1,2, 3 etc.

The Disk # label is part of the predefined bitmaps in the program. There’s no way for DRMPro to read the project name and enter it into the menu background. No authoring software can do that. What if you want to change the font, colors, etc., or the wordings are too long.

I suppose a better looking default menu is what you’re asking for? Hopefully Dimad can do something about that. It seems many users want their own customized menu. For now, use any authoring software to create your own menu and replace over the default one.

[quote=toaddub;1818015]The Disk # label is part of the predefined bitmaps in the program. There’s no way for DRMPro to read the project name and enter it into the menu background. No authoring software can do that. What if you want to change the font, colors, etc., or the wordings are too long.

I suppose a better looking default menu is what you’re asking for? Hopefully Dimad can do something about that. It seems many users want their own customized menu. For now, use any authoring software to create your own menu and replace over the default one.[/quote]

You can just import any alternate menu you make. Use the Replace Block option. I’ve usually do it manually but opening both DVDs and then I just copy one one DVD and then switch to the other and add that VTS to the other DVD and then add its title to the VMG Titles and insert any needed code. Sometimes I split the episodes (TV shows) into a seperate VTS or more so I get a nice and clean layer break point between the Video Title Sets. The easiest way is to simply copy and add the entire VTS and then blank the overlapping episodes and reassign the VMG Titles to the new locations and do any needed command adjustments. Finally, you delete the Titles in each VTS that are no longer referenced as a VMG Title. I’ve done this several times. It’s only tricky with certain DVDs like Curb Your Enthusiasm that have complexer menus. The Dead Zone has clean episode menus then edit real cleanly with two episodes per menu and two menus (4 episodes per DVD) so it splits into two clean VTS’s but sometimes the extras are tricky. You have to experiment if they should go between the episodes VTS’s or after them or what. I’ve done some major restructuring of DVDs using only this program.