Also Sony CRX185A rebagged Lite-On ?!

I just posted the article Also Sony CRX185A rebagged Lite-On ?!.

Our Lite-On Forum is a great source of information for Lite-On drive owners, but our moderator OC-Freak of this forum also watches closely other brands. While we recently posted that Verbatim is…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3589-Also-Sony-CRX185A-rebagged-Lite-On-.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3589-Also-Sony-CRX185A-rebagged-Lite-On-.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Eh eh…I was foreseeing this long time ago… Also Traxdata cd rw drives ( starting from 24 10 40 plus ) is a Lite On drive ! I wonder when will be the day that Lite On will buy Plextor company… may be soon ! :4

When the original story about the Sony CRX185A ran yesterday, i commented “Sony is always overpriced and underpowered. They make good stuff, sure. But equally good quality can always be bought for less.” If this don’t back me up, what does? :7

BTW: I did not mean to imp[ly that the Lite-On is underpowered. I simply mean that if you forgo the Sony badge and buy directly from Lite-On, you can get a better model for less money. On that note, does anyone catch a whiff of fraud in rebadging a drive, implying that you’re paying extra for “Sony quality” when, in reality, you are paying extra only for the Sony name?

I don’t want to call OC-Freak a fool, but he is partially correct. The Sony CRX185 is not a straight rebadge like some companies are doing. However it does seem to be manufactured and/or designed by Lite-On. There are some differences, especially in the specs. For example the rewriting speeds. Technically its not the first drive from Sony to not support Power-Burn either. Their 24x writers changed designs midstream and dropped Power-Burn from their specs. Was this drive designed by Lite-On too? Most likely. My question is whether you can flash a Sony drive with a Lite-On firmware. Can you say flash the CRX185 with the firmware for the LTR-32123S and get 12x rewriting speeds?

Liteon as also looking at getting into Breakfast serial, it wants to be the first thing that Customers see in the morning after the Toilet Basin.(Shitter)Once in you body this Breackfast serial will go thought you whole body and you will deposit it back to she Shitter(toilet) the following morning. Then liteon will secretly replace all body parts with cheap Generic models slowly takeing over your Body,Slowely Rebadging you as a Liteon also.LOL:+

Can anyone tell me if there is a single CD Burning software that will support the Sony, CRX140E, Sony CRX185A1, Sony CRX185E1, Sony CRX175E2, Teac W512E-A02, Yamaha CDR400, Plextor 412C, and the Pioneer DVR-103? Thanks, ITTigger