Alone In The Dark copy problems

hi all

im using an

aopen duw 1608/arr cd burner firmware version a080

and the disks im using are these ones

and I have a copy of Anydvd v5.4.4.1 & CloneDVD v2.8.5.1

last night I attempted to copy Alone In The Dark uk version but it hasn’t copied properly and I’m wondering if someone could help shed some light as to why

ok let me explain what happens I place the disk in the dvd player and the copy plays ok till it hits track 16 and then the movie freezes and then I get the error cant read disk and then it switches off and it does this regardless of what dvd player I put it in

now the question is why ??

in addition to this I’ve also noted minor problems with other copied movies what happens with these is that the movie copy ok but when i play them back on my playstation it gets about half way through the movie then I get an error saying it cant read disk but when I place it in the dvd played downstairs and then skip ahead to the section that wouldn’t playstation it plays through fine

again can anyone tell me why ??

simply dont copy this crapy movie … it sux men …

Hehehehe - nice one - was it just me, or did it miss loads of the story out and you just had to make it up for yourself?

Anyway - I can confirm that the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 will backup the Region 2 PAL UK/Ireland version no problem - I would say the problem you are having is down to the media you are using. Try different media - your PS2 will be the most picky media wise of nearly all DVD players!!

@ Bethrezen,

TDK like numerous other retailers do not manufacture any CD and/or DVD Media but purchase CD and/or DVD from a Media Manufacture and put the DVD Media in a package labeled with their Brand Name. These CD and/or DVD Media Manufactures can be located anywhere in world and the quality of the CD and/or DVD Media can range from acceptable to pure out right garbage. Usually if the CD and/or DVD Media in the package states Made In Japan it is considered as acceptable quality Media. If the package states made in any other country other that Made In Japan the particular media is suspect and should be avoided. The only true way of knowing the quality of any Media is using the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) to identify the quality of the Media in question and in some instance even the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) has proved to be “fake” that was manufactured in some unscrupulous third world countries.

Suggest visiting the CD Freaks Blank Media Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33) and do some research on what DVD Media is of acceptable quality.

Best Regards,
bjkg

story what story ? :stuck_out_tongue: but i can only say worst than Alone in the Dark - movie was Triple X 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

Repeat after me:

BAD MEDIA

hi all

thanks for your replys ill have to agree that alone in the dark isnt the best movie in the world but it wasnt for me that i was making a copy it was for my brother

ill have a look at the link provided and read up on the media issue