Alone in the dark 4

Hello!
How can I make a working copy of Alone in the dark 4 (3 CDs!)
What kind of copy protection?

Thanks!
MX
:slight_smile:

what does clonyxxl say ?

Alone In The Dark 4 has no prtection in Australia. The cd’s do bear Sonys DADC logo though which made me suspect SecuRom though.
The cd’s are not protected by anything…

Cheers

In Spain it’s shows the DADC mark as well but no securom is present. It only carries subchannel data for cd checks. I think this is not “protected”.

Good luck!

If you’re unsure of what protection was used on the disc then use the default Game Profile in CloneCD 4. This will work in almost all cases. You can also check out the CD itself for SecuRom. Do any of these files exist on the disc:

[ul][li]CMS16.dll
[/li][li]CMS_95.dll
[/li][*]CMS_NT.dll[/ul]Sony DADC indeed indicates SecuRom could have been used on the disc.

I have the UK version and backed it up using something like Nero.

So I can’t imagine it has any significant protection on it.

When I get home I shall check the original to see what protection, if any, it has.

I believe that there is no protection. The game was distributed in Australia, free, on a PC Magazine cover CD, last year I think it was. Sales dropped off after that! I believe the same thing happend in the US and Europe around the same time.

[QUOTE=MX the beginner;264594]Hello!
How can I make a working copy of Alone in the dark 4 (3 CDs!)
What kind of copy protection?

Thanks!
MX
:)[/QUOTE]

Try this copy. Its works wonderful for me. Just burn with ISO Burner or Mount with Daemon Tools Lite. Included: Walkthrough, Trainer and Patch.
Its not a demo. If interested go here:

http://downloadheaven.ucoz.org