All Securom versions (incl new 4.8x)

Well, I been doing a lot of reading and I noticed all these posts about the new unbeatable securom. I have not encountered a game with this protection, nor do any of the games released peak my interest. I wish 1 did so I can get a crack at it, but I dont wanan spend money on a game I will nevrer play just to learn how to back it up. However, I encountered some interesting information some guy in Italy learned about SecuRom information. I don’t knwo how far back this dates. Anyhow, I wish to contribute it but its too long and won’t allow me to post. So I will post a link to a small text file that I will have on my site. I hope it helps in either the understanding of securom and maybe how to beatthe new versions. Maybe if the site moderators find it important enought they will make a full posting of it. Maybe its useless cause the new Securom has completely renovated its style of protection.
In any case, I am trying to just contribute so forgive me if I am supplying something useless.
here is the link to read or download the text file(your choice):

http://www.geocities.com/xtacydima/securomremoval.txt

WOW VERY INTERESTING HOT STUFF!!! BUT UNFORTUNATELY ABOUT A YEAR OUT OF DATE !!! THIS NEW SECUROM IS STAMPED INTO THE GLASS MASTER AT THE FACTORY PUTTING PHYSICAL ERRORS INTO THE DISC!!!
NEVER MIND INTERESTING STUFF BUT UTTERLY USELESS FOR HACKING THIS NEW SECUROM !!!

So it basically seems like it comes down to a need for a diff method of writing to the discs, diff blank media types, or both. How are originals read properly then, why do they overlook physcial errors when reading, but not writing? Unless we just new enhancments in our media, then it would make more sense.

I posted that cause I found it intersting and hoped to share, that is why we are all here.

Thanks,
Dima

TOO TECHNICAL FOR ME !!! BUT READ DAMEONS THREAD AT TOP OF THIS FORUM HE EXPLAINS IT BETTER AS HES A PRO. !!!

Ease up on the caps key. Its rude to shout logicwatch :cop: