All my best buddies: get ZS0G firmware here

vbimport

I may upload it at my webplace later today. But in the meantime:

www.cdrinfo.com have already leaked the firmware!!!

Go to their firmware page here.

Go get it. Now my back is still clean since it was not me that leaked it. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Is the new firmware faster than the previous unofficial one or does it improve the writing quality?
How does it compare to the latest LG?
Can the LG backup safedisk 2.51 like liteys?
Any differences between 125s and 125w besides the firmware?

Thanks for info because sold the 24* and 'll buy a 40* soon.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
Go get it. Now my back is still clean since it was not me that leaked it. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

A HUGE thanks for the info! My unit is now flashed to vZS0G!! Now comes some testing… :cool:

When you do the testing with the new Firmware please let us know what you see.
I am a little leary about a “leaked” firmware update…
not from the source or anything like that… just the fact that it isn’t official…
don’t want to mistakenly fry my sweet burner…

Originally posted by Dragonsfire73
I am a little leary about a “leaked” firmware update…
not from the source or anything like that… just the fact that it isn’t official…
don’t want to mistakenly fry my sweet burner…

It didn’t fry my burner at all. The flashing of the firmware worked without a hitch. And my LiteOn LTR-40125S acts the way it should so far…it still does great SafeDisk2 game backups. I just retested doing a backup of MOHAA and it works in my other CDROM and CD/DVDROM drives like a charm. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dragonsfire73

I just briefly tested the Mt. Rainier capabilities using the demo of WriteCD-RW! The formatting of a CD is fast (under a minute) and it really does act like having a huge floppy on your system,…only it’s MUCH faster with the copying of files to/from the CD. The speed is fairly amazing and seems more like a mini-harddrive. Pretty nice addition to the firmware to be sure! :slight_smile:

Hell, im a bit skeptical but im about to flash my drive with the unreleased zsog. Does this mean that the zsod is not going to be released by Lite-on? But if both are released , what are the differences betwen the two.

So far the read speed is the same for MOHAA but burned it in 2:48min about 13-15 seconds faster than the old way. There is a mixed message about Mt. Ranier. I first read that it could not handle it but Flashman says he tried it. I would like to give it a try but I guess I need the software. I guess I will look around.:smiley:

Originally posted by KenL
[B There is a mixed message about Mt. Ranier. I first read that it could not handle it but Flashman says he tried it. I would like to give it a try but I guess I need the software. I guess I will look around.:smiley: [/B]

Go to the SAI website to get the demo of WriteCD-RW. This is the 3rd party software mentioned in the CD Freaks article about Mt. Rainier.

Thanks, I saw the software. Do you think it will conflict with other packet writing software? I have DirectCD 5.1.

I could always make a backup first as that is the prudent method and then give it a try.:slight_smile:

I did the flash, so far, all is quite well.

But, I have noticed that my read times with CCD 4.0.0.1 has slowed by a minute on MOHAA:

MOHAA with CCD 4.0.0.1 read/write times

Z-CLV 6:58/3:03
P-CAV 8:00/2:48

I did several test reads and all were around the 8:00 min. mark.

Oddly enough, my read time improved with CD MATE thus it must be a software issue.

Question about ZSOG. If we flash our drives now and then the firmwares are released at Lite-on will we still be able to flash again or will we get some mesage that gos like “the firmware you have is a newer version no need to upgrade”. Just wondering.

I think you will at least be able to downgrade with the DOS-based mtkflash.exe and then upgrade with the released firmware from LiteOn

Originally posted by KenL
[B]Thanks, I saw the software. Do you think it will conflict with other packet writing software? I have DirectCD 5.1.

I could always make a backup first as that is the prudent method and then give it a try.:slight_smile: [/B]

It may work with DirectCD. The only thing I could find about this was on SAI’s website: “WriteCD-RW!â„¢ reads most disks formatted by Direct CDâ„¢, InCDâ„¢ and other UDF drive letter access writing utilities.”

I agree that it would probably be best to do a backup first before installing the WriteCD-RW software. Good luck!

I went ahead and flashed my drive… Works great no problems speed or otherwise…

BTW I just picked up the DVD-Rom 163D…
I did read the other posts and picked up the updated firmwares and other toys… can’t wait to get home and put it in my system.

If I do plan on"backing up" one of my DVD’s what would be the best IDE cable config for this…

I have 2 100gb drives and new DVD, and current burner…
I am thinking that this is the best config for data speed and reliability…

IDE 1 master HD1
IDE 1 Slave DVD
IDE 2 Master Burner
IDE 2 Slave HD2

does this sound right…

Yes your setup seems right.

btw LTD-163D can’t use LTD-163 firmwares.

GHR3 is the latest firmware for the LTD-163D. Check what version it have first. My LTD-163D was shipped with GHR3.

Thanks, I see that there was some difference in the firmwares for the D… I assume chipset difference…

I will check the firmware before I touch it.

I think I made a mistake by installing the Mt. Ranier software without uninstalling DirectCD 5.1 first. As it is so far, when I use Mt. Ranier software I can’t read it in my DVD or my other burner only the Liteon. It seems to work otherwise with 1 minute format and acting like a floopy but only in the burner.:confused: