Aliens Lose in Switch to Digital TV

That’s right: extraterrestrials who might be picking up our analog broadcasts could miss out. Ever since the Second World War, television signals (as well as FM radio and radar) have served as Homo sapiens’ emissaries into deep space. High-frequency, high-power broadcasts have filled an Earth-centered bubble more than 60 light-years in radius with signals. If there are any aliens nearby, they would have been hard-pressed to find trilobites, dinosaurs, or even the Greeks and Romans. But, thanks to “I Love Lucy,” they could find you – or at least your parents.

Unfortunately, the switch to digital might leave the aliens with nothing but snow on their wall-size plasmas.

It is great for me I have sent a large shipment of converter boxes to my home planet and they are selling fast.

I can just see ET sending a ship here to find out what happen to I love Lucy show.

The aliens probably already pointed their antennas elsewhere in disgust when Earth started sending “Reality Shows” all the time! :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually the best scientific theory is that man has made no signal other than atmospheric nuclear tests that would rise above the noise floor enerated by the sun.

Basically those boy’s playing with Oppenheimer’s and Teller’s Toys in the desert are the only guys who’ve made enough noise to be heard by the “neighbors”

AD

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2294676]The aliens probably already pointed their antennas elsewhere in disgust when Earth started sending “Reality Shows” all the time! :p[/QUOTE]

I think they are riveted because they are getting the ultimate reality show. Somewhere two aliens might be betting on whether OJ will walk or go to prison.

so we should be expecting LRRRRRR to visit us soon

Somewhere in space there is a group of Aliens asking, "Who’s the little dude with the tiny moustache?.

Can you imagine the TV ratings if we intercepted an alien race’s equivalent of television broadcast signals detailing their day to day life? I would be riveted and it would definitely make me go out and buy a TiVo.

[QUOTE=UTR;2308215]Can you imagine the TV ratings if we intercepted an alien race’s equivalent of television broadcast signals detailing their day to day life?[/QUOTE] Scary thought: What if that’s how the aliens are judging us! :eek:

If they see our “News” (bad) and our “Reality” shows (even worse), they might decide they have to come here and wipe us out before we infect the rest of the galaxy! :sad:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2308267]Scary thought: What if that’s how the aliens are judging us! :eek:

If they see our “News” (bad) and our “Reality” shows (even worse), they might decide they have to come here and wipe us out before we infect the rest of the galaxy! :sad:[/QUOTE]

Yup…! It´s a bit of a worry…

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2308267]Scary thought: What if that’s how the aliens are judging us! :eek:

If they see our “News” (bad) and our “Reality” shows (even worse), they might decide they have to come here and wipe us out before we infect the rest of the galaxy! :sad:[/QUOTE]

What if we see something from them that is worse than us? :eek:

[QUOTE=UTR;2308467]What if we see something from them that is worse than us? :eek:[/QUOTE] My imagination is not up to the task of letting me guess how that would be possible! :doh:

P.S. The seeing part I can imagine, it’s the “worse than us” part that has me stomped.

Maybe we are them!! I would bomb us, that is, if I knew we existed and I wasn’t one of us but one of them, otherwise, I would just kick back and watch, laughing, thinking"Look at those crazy beings!. Being happy that I was one of us, not one of them.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2308477]Maybe we are them!![/QUOTE] Here on CDFreaks it often seems that some of us really are some of them! :iagree: :bigsmile: