Alien VS. Predator 1 skips scene

OK I beleive this is my first post about a dvd copy problem. I purchased both Alien VS. Predator movies today and made full disc back ups of them. I was watching the first one and 54 minutes and 47 seconds into it the movie skips a scene. This was using the default for pathplayer and is only the second time it has happened like this. I just sent the IFO files to fengtao for help with it but decided to see if anyone here would know. I have attached the IFO files here also. I will be using a free program to back it up for now so I can finish watching both movies as it already past 1am here. EDIT: I did full disc

[QUOTE=GJ;2039648]OK I beleive this is my first post about a dvd copy problem. I purchased both Alien VS. Predator movies today and made full disc back ups of them. I was watching the first one and 54 minutes and 47 seconds into it the movie skips a scene. This was using the default for pathplayer and is only the second time it has happened like this. I just sent the IFO files to fengtao for help with it but decided to see if anyone here would know. I have attached the IFO files here also. I will be using a free program to back it up for now so I can finish watching both movies as it already past 1am here. EDIT: I did full disc[/QUOTE]

Hi GJ
You will find that this issue “skipping a scene” is due to a setting in the read section in common settings.
If you have it set to “Ignore all reading errors automatically” then it will skip 32 sectors when it hits a read error (maybe one scene).
I had it happen to me so I made a change to
"Ask retry/ignore/abort when reading error"
Retry Times–> 2
Skip sectors after a reading error–> 8

When I did another backup it worked good no skipping of the scene.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2039677]Hi GJ
You will find that this issue “skipping a scene” is due to a setting in the read section in common settings.
If you have it set to “Ignore all reading errors automatically” then it will skip 32 sectors when it hits a read error (maybe one scene).
I had it happen to me so I made a change to
"Ask retry/ignore/abort when reading error"
Retry Times–> 2
Skip sectors after a reading error–> 8

When I did another backup it worked good no skipping of the scene.[/QUOTE]

yes I have the ask retry checked. retry 5 times and skip sectors 32 are my settings. I will give your settings a try and see if it works with this title. Thanks for the help will post again to say if it worked

StormJumper I tried your settings and it still not work. Also In my first post I said it skipped a scene, well I ejected the dvd and started it over from beginning and it skipped more scenes. Started the movie over again and it froze with no picture. It does this with all 3 back ups using dvd fab platinum latest release full disc. I used a third party program and it worked no problems with the back up. I had a similar problem with the dvd Taxi back when I joined cdfreaks but it was fixed with update. Taxi was released in 2004 same as Alien VS predator. Well I sent email to fengtao with the IFO file and hopefully it gets fixed.

I backed up this one just fine no skipped scenes it plays perfectly but I did movie only.

[QUOTE=sneakers;2039941]I backed up this one just fine no skipped scenes it plays perfectly but I did movie only.[/QUOTE]

Just let you know I talking about the 2004 release and not Requiem that was released on Tuesday. Just in case you mistook the Title of the thread

[quote=GJ;2039966]Just let you know I talking about the 2004 release and not Requiem that was released on Tuesday. Just in case you mistook the Title of the thread[/quote]That one has all sorts of unusual features. I think I had to use Clone mode to get a backup where everything worked. This assumes your original is not scratched etc.

[QUOTE=GJ;2039966]Just let you know I talking about the 2004 release and not Requiem that was released on Tuesday. Just in case you mistook the Title of the thread[/QUOTE]

Glad you mentioned the title…again.
I read it incorrectly the first time and wrongly assumed you were talking about “Requiem”. My fault, not yours…:o

I have this flick…and the bkup somewhere…probably backed up with Fab Express 2.xxx…lol. No problems back then, but who knows about the current app with PP.

Anyway, I’ll look for it and if I find it, I’ll give it a whirl.
With 2 kids in college, my dvd collection has a tendency to grow feet…:eek:

[QUOTE=GJ;2039966]Just let you know I talking about the 2004 release and not Requiem that was released on Tuesday. Just in case you mistook the Title of the thread[/QUOTE]

I assumed you were posting about Requiem. Don’t even own the first one.

So, you could be right about this one.

No scratches purchased both copies on Tuesday and have been trying to get the first one to work but I did succeed using a third party for now. Now I will be watching requiem as I heard it starts off from where the first one ended. Sorry to all those who thougtht I meant Requiem I should have been more specific in the title

I have AVP 2004 release still shrink-wrapped. Well, when I unwrap it and compare mine to yours, seems like we don’t have the same release. I have the one with the alternate beginning. On the original, there are 10 VTSs with an additional DVDROM folder. Check on your original to see how many VTSs are there?

Based on your IFOs and your skipping scene, it appears you were playing title 2, chapter 17, and just got out of the ILVU segment and that’s where the problem begins.

What third party program are you using?

[QUOTE=GJ;2040010]No scratches purchased both copies on Tuesday and have been trying to get the first one to work but I did succeed using a third party for now. Now I will be watching requiem as I heard it starts off from where the first one ended. Sorry to all those who thougtht I meant Requiem I should have been more specific in the title[/QUOTE]
Thanks for clarifying.
I did this movie fine using DVDFabHD Decrypter, movie only mode.

[quote=toaddub;2040028]I have AVP 2004 release still shrink-wrapped. Well, when I unwrap it and compare mine to yours, seems like we don’t have the same release. I have the one with the alternate beginning. On the original, there are 10 VTSs with an additional DVDROM folder. Check on your original to see how many VTSs are there?

Based on your IFOs and your skipping scene, it appears you were playing title 2, chapter 17, and just got out of the ILVU segment and that’s where the problem begins.

What third party program are you using?[/quote]
toaddub I have the 2 disc unrated edition with the theatrical version too. How do I tell how many vts’s I have it says multiple types. The types are dvd movie, backup file and dvd movie info. Including all that I said their is a total of 26 vts but 3 are video vts. It only has 13 dvd movie vts’s. The skipping scene yes but when I eject the dvd tray and then close the dvd tray and start the movie over it will skip in another spot or freeze 6 seconds into the movie and no picture on the freeze. I got 3 coaster’s from it and have not received a coaster since I became a cdfreaks member. We not supposed to name third party programs but the third party program I used was dvdshrink 3.2.0.15 and it also the one I used when I had a problem with Taxi which was released in 2004 also. Taxi has Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon as the known actor/actress

Clone mode I will try that now to see if it works. I have 1 dl disc left hopefully that works but I still would like it to work on a sl disc

[quote=jamoskeag3;2040085]As I said, I think Fab can easily handle the first movie.
As a doublecheck, have you tried to see what luck youd have with Ripit4me, which would handle a 2004 release.
If still have a problem using another prog, maybe you got a bad disc.[/quote]
I said I am using dvdfab platinum why would I use a free program to back up a dvd when I paid good money for dvdfab. Also you need to read the new rules for the dvd fab forum and I already said that dvdshrink worked with this title. You say the free fab can handle this movie I am talking about dvdfab platinum. Quit responding to my posts if you not read or know what I say. Alan already told us to stop this argueing in the other thread so why you not stop.

“using the default for pathplayer” have you tried pathplayer disabled?

when you burned the dvd shrink iso, were you using the same blanks, same burner, same burn speed and same burning program?

i know you are ripping with platinum, but still might use your favorite app for the burning. :cool:

[quote=troy512;2040128]“using the default for pathplayer” have you tried pathplayer disabled?

when you burned the dvd shrink iso, were you using the same blanks, same burner, same burn speed and same burning program?

i know you are ripping with platinum, but still might use your favorite app for the burning. :cool:[/quote]
Yes I have tried disabled for pathplayer. As for dvdshrink everything the same exept the burning program. I use the VSO for dvdfab platinum and nero for shrink. Unfortunately it not a burning problem, have you looked at the IFO files in the first post. I know imgburn is everyone’s fav on cdfreaks but I use the VSO with dvdfab and nero with shrink. I stick to what I like and works for me just like everyone else here. EDIT: I use imgburn with the authors decryptor

GJ,

I have only one-disc edition, so it’s not the same. You might want to try DVDFab HD Decrypter full disc mode to see if there’s no problem. Both free and Platinum versions supposedly have the same ripping methodology. I’ll be surprised that the free version works but the Platinum doesn’t.

By how many VTS, I mean what’s the last number x in VTS_xx_0.

I can’t find my original or my backup of this. Guess I’ll have to start making 2 copies, lol.

I have to agree with you Jamoskeaq3.