ALIASES - Why do you use them?

vbimport

I know some people use several different identities in this forum…I’d like to know why? Is it for fun, do you have split personality :eek: , technical issue, or something else?

I/me/we/Gaia do not have a split personality :slight_smile:

I’ve used this handle since the day of BBS , not planning to stop using it now.

In the past we had some users that lost respect because of some postings, so they decided to take a new account.

Some others like to “play” with the forum. An alias is a good way to do so, I guess…

/me has no Aliases… I’ve been using my nick for quite some years on all board I visit. Bad thing is, that there’s somebody else outthere using the same name. I once got an email from a user of CDFreaks that saw me at some FXP board… strange, as I never heard of that FXP board. Turned out that somebody from Belgium “cloned” my name and used it on quite some boards. That sucked, I especially choose Dee-ehn since this nick was quite original… :frowning:

Sometimes I use the name Mr Belvedere cos i like to flame-bait.

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]In the past we had some users that lost respect because of some postings, so they decided to take a new account.

Some others like to “play” with the forum. An alias is a good way to do so, I guess…

/me has no Aliases… I’ve been using my nick for quite some years on all board I visit. Bad thing is, that there’s somebody else outthere using the same name. I once got an email from a user of CDFreaks that saw me at some FXP board… strange, as I never heard of that FXP board. Turned out that somebody from Belgium “cloned” my name and used it on quite some boards. That sucked, I especially choose Dee-ehn since this nick was quite original… :frowning: [/B]

Your nick is indeed very unique. I know exactly what you mean, too. You build up your reputation and some people just use it to their own advantage without even asking.

I don’t have any aliases either, and I doubt that anyone could clone my style of writing…no one who knows me here, on doom9 or on gravure-news could confuse me with a clone (i hope)

Originally posted by DryBaboon
Sometimes I use the name Mr Belvedere cos i like to flame-bait.

is that really what you think of my posts ?

I feel menaced even by the little tapping foot of the penguin.
No disrespeck :bow:

Do you think we could start up a “pointless flame war” thread? (or is that covered by the iraq one?)

Originally posted by alexnoe
I don’t have any aliases either, and I doubt that anyone could clone my style of writing…no one who knows me here, on doom9 or on gravure-news could confuse me with a clone (i hope)

As a matter of fact, I know somebody (from Germany btw) that’s got exact the same style of writing :slight_smile:

When I first registered a login for this board, I had another nickname. (back in the days when both Domin8tor & The Duke owned the site).
Then the site went offline for quite some time and I forgot my password etc. I was fooling around on irc and changed my nickname to Wannes (long story; it’s not even quite my real name :)). And when the site was up again, I just registered with my irc-nick.

So in a way, I have an alias too (somewhere). I don’t even wanna know what he’s doing now :p.

[B]

Do you think we could start up a “pointless flame war” thread? (or is that covered by the iraq one?) [/B]

We had one once: The food fight

Hmmm, different aliases? Registered on the CDR Info forum once with another nick, hehe. And of course different MSN accounts, but that’s all I guess :slight_smile:

[B]I feel menaced even by the little tapping foot of the penguin.
No disrespeck :bow:

Do you think we could start up a “pointless flame war” thread? (or is that covered by the iraq one?) [/B]

ususally my posts are never are intended to start a flame war, more to give open minded views and thoughts.

i have a quite dangerous poll in mind right now , which might start a huge flamewar , but it also has the potential to start something amazingly intelligent.

What are you waiting for Belvedere bring it on!
I never use alias… :wink:

If I should have an alias…what makes you think I’d admit it here?
If I should have an alias, don’t you think I would have a good reason to have so?
If I have a good reason to have an alias, wouldn’t me telling you defeat the whole purpose of having an alias in the first place?

This nick I chose when I started at the university in my economics degree…back in 1994. Kept it throughout the years and it basically describes what I do for a living (making sure people don’t pay too much taxes) My whole reputation (or lack thereof) is built on this nickname, wouldn’t give it up for the world. If you want to know my real name, all you have to do is read the mainpage…

Originally posted by Airhead
What are you waiting for Belvedere bring it on!
I never use alias… :wink:

No doubt. Bring it Mr. B.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Stoner
[B]

No doubt. Bring it Mr. B.:bigsmile: [/B]

done , but no whining now :bigsmile:

Sometimes it should be better if I told people I was somebody else :wink: Maybe they should gain some respect, then :). Now I’m just ubern00b jpschadde, but that is fun too :slight_smile:

I luv my nick (it’s not really a nick:P) and it’s just… I like it too be a jpschadde, and nobody else should want to be me :wink:

I am using my Original Name. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by jpschadde
and nobody else should want to be me :wink:

Then you have accomplished this to great extent with me…I definately don’t want to be you :bigsmile: