Alexnoe's sheep test inquiry

According to the sheep test, my 52x Lite-on got 2 sheep. When trying the 3 sheep test I kept getting a redundancy error trying to copy the file back to my hdd. I guess the drive is not 3 sheep. I thought some lite-ons were. Is there a way to do something similar to clonecd in the respect of using an AWS option to see if the drive can do this on the 3 sheep file. I am curious if it would be a workaround to copy the file back to the hdd and see if the writer is capable of being a 3 sheep writer with the aid of AWS. Or maybe if clonecd can somehow read it or it be converted to a ccd image?

umm, any thoughts anyone?

Creating a CloneCD image is not really that hard.

You could obtain a CloneCD images this way: Use mkisofs to build an ISO image from the file. Then, you mount it into a virtual CD-ROM and read a CloneCD image from that virtual CD-ROM.

Never tried that, but it should do the job

Originally posted by alexnoe
Use mkisofs to build an ISO image from the file.

And if you don’t know how to run mkisofs from the command line, you can use it to compile an iso image through the burnatonce interface.

but i dont want to compile an iso image, i want to make a ccd image or a way of burning with something that can do what CloneCd does with AWS option on to see if a 3 sheep file can be written back.

Originally posted by alexnoe
Then, you mount it into a virtual CD-ROM and read a CloneCD image from that virtual CD-ROM.

Don’t use virtual drives. The mess up winXP bad and do nasty things to the system. Even FutureProof on one thread mentions how the virtual drive does not do well in XP. And he knows a lot about clonecd. I never used one an dnever needed one. Oh well…

Not talking about the CloneCD virtual drive (Does it even support image formats other than CCD?)… Not 100% whether you are just talking about that or all virtual drives??

Managed to create a CloneCD image and compress it down to 37.4MB’s if you got somewhere I could upload it.

you made a clonecd image of the 3 sheep test file by alexnoe?? if so let me know and i will give you a place to upload.

celtic druid if you have this file e-mail me at xtacydima@netzero.com and i will give you access to upload it to me on my ftp. Or just give me directions how you made the file.

Made it as suggested… Since deleted it though (been a couple of days), if you really want it I could recreate it.

yes can you please