ALERT: Do NOT Deposit That Rebate Check! Major Rebate Processor Declares Bankruptcy! Checks May Bounce!

vbimport

If you’re in the United States or Canada, and have recently received a rebate check, do NOT deposit it! It may bounce!

One of the major rebate processing companies has gone belly-up!

Your Mail in Rebate May Be In Jeopardy

Your CPG Mail in Rebate May Be In Jeopardy

Major Rebate Processor Files For Bankruptcy: Deal Rebates May Be Affected

That is only 1 of the reasons I don’t do rebates anymore. Look for more of this kind of stuff to happen. :a

I cashed a corsair and D-link rebate both today …n/p

I just recieved a 10.00 rebate from Corsair on a 16GB Corsair Voyager Flash Drive that I bought on Newegg for 29.99. It came in less than 2 weeks.

I’ve been waiting for 2 months for my rebate from MSI, but MSI isn’t listed as a customer for CPG. The rebate center I sent my forms to was in El Paso, TX I think.

My rebate has been “approved”, but that is all I can get out of MSI. Oh well, 8 to10 weeks has been common in the past when I’ve dealt with rebates.

I received this e-mail from Newegg just yesterday:

Dear Valued Newegg Customer:

We regret to inform you that our 3rd party Mail-in-rebate processing provider is unable to honor the rebate checks for the item you purchased at Newegg.com. At Newegg, however, we are committed to ensuring your satisfaction and will personally take on the responsibility to process each and every rebate at our own expense.

As we commit to doing everything possible to ensure proper payment of your check, we apologize for any inconvenience derived from this matter and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please make sure to follow these general guidelines:

1. Do not deposit the check into your bank or any financial institution, it will not be honored

2. Make a photocopy of your rebate check

3. Mail original check and a copy of this email to the following address:

Newegg Inc.
Attn: Mail-In Rebate
17708 Rowland St.
City of Industry, CA 91748

[QUOTE=larc919;2161371]I received this e-mail from Newegg just yesterday:

Dear Valued Newegg Customer:

We regret to inform you that our 3rd party Mail-in-rebate processing provider is unable to honor the rebate checks for the item you purchased at Newegg.com. At Newegg, however, we are committed to ensuring your satisfaction and will personally take on the responsibility to process each and every rebate at our own expense.

As we commit to doing everything possible to ensure proper payment of your check, we apologize for any inconvenience derived from this matter and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please make sure to follow these general guidelines:

1. Do not deposit the check into your bank or any financial institution, it will not be honored

2. Make a photocopy of your rebate check

3. Mail original check and a copy of this email to the following address:

Newegg Inc.
Attn: Mail-In Rebate
17708 Rowland St.
City of Industry, CA 91748[/QUOTE]

oustanding customer service :clap:

[QUOTE=rogman49;2161111]That is only 1 of the reasons I don’t do rebates anymore. Look for more of this kind of stuff to happen. :a[/QUOTE]

Yup, haven’t screwed around with MIR rebates for almost 2 years now, so I am good.

Kudos to Newegg. Just another reason they are my fav…

I’ll never do rebates again either, the last one I did took 4-1/2 months to get.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2161227]I just recieved a 10.00 rebate from Corsair on a 16GB Corsair Voyager Flash Drive that I bought on Newegg for 29.99. It came in less than 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Geez, I sent in a rebate for a Corsair power supply over a month ago. I just checked their website. WTH! :a It said it was rejected & I should receive the notice by Dec. 18, 2008. :Z

Hi

I hope that the whole MIR industry will die. I have never lost or have had any kind of trouble with my MIR’s. It’s just been a pain in the a**.

I have not done that many of them, but some have been a really good deal.

Go green and save the forrest. Kill the MIR’s and go Instant rebate instead.

My 2 cents

My check was a Corsair check not a third party rebate center check. It cleared perfectly.:cool: Maybe cause it was only 10.00USD.:bigsmile:

[quote=alan1476;2161866]My check was a Corsair check not a third party rebate center check. It cleared perfectly.:cool: Maybe cause it was only 10.00USD.:bigsmile:[/quote]I have three rebates in Corsair’s system now. They all seem OK so far. Also, I just got a $15 check from Evga that was handled through Parago. Haven’t heard any horror stories about Parago in this round, so I deposited it. Hope it’s OK.

I’m waiting for a NewEgg/Corsair rebate… :frowning:

I bought an MSI GeForce 9600GT from newegg in January, and finally received my rebate today, from MSI themselves.

Should I feel any better if I’m waiting for a rebate card and not a rebate check, on Corsair memory. Rebate card seems to be handled by Citibank (Visa)

Its all fraud
how does a company that does’nt own the rebate money go broke?

Recently I had to sent two $50 rebate one for my son and one from me to T-Mobil for purchasing upgrade phones, to my surprised instead of receding two $50 check I have receive to $50 VISA Card. I wonder if anyone has experienced these type issues for the rebates.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2271104]Recently I had to sent two $50 rebate one for my son and one from me to T-Mobil for purchasing upgrade phones, to my surprised instead of receding two $50 check I have receive to $50 VISA Card. I wonder if anyone has experienced these type issues for the rebates.[/QUOTE]

:eek: Acks! Funny you mentioned that because this afternoon I received in the mail a Corsair rebate as well in the form of a $20.00 VISA card. I almost threw it away in my to shred bin. I’m going to try and use it this weekend. It’d be interesting to see how that goes! I’ll keep you posted. :wink: