Alcoholer vs Profiler 1.2

vbimport

Alcoholer has the same interface as Profiler 1.2 - the same drop-down box with the various protection schemes, the same button to launch CloneCD, etc.

Are they both written by the same person/s ?? I wonder which one is superior? I can see that Alcoholer has more options, but all I care about is a working CD.

Also, I have read quite a few threads on TwinPeak as a way to copy SecuRom new (v4.8x) CD’s. It seems that TwinCreator is a similar application, but no threads exist as far as reviewing it.

Therefore I am using TwinPeak. Just curious of anyone has tried TwinCreator ??

I don’t think the two apps are related.

I’ve used twinpeaks. If it works for you, great. It is possible that it won’t work in some readers (plextor, toshiba, etc…).

What is Twinpeaks ? :confused:

Originally posted by Andareed
[B]I don’t think the two apps are related.

I’ve used twinpeaks. If it works for you, great. It is possible that it won’t work in some readers (plextor, toshiba, etc…). [/B]

With SecuROM new even the BlindWrite image that you make will not burn successfully. Twin Peaks will patch the image file itself by using the BWA file to add CD density info.

So, Twin Peaks is for merging BWA files and CCD image file to create a patched ccd file that can then be burned to a blank CD. It provides a way of copying SucuRom New (v4.8x) protected CD’s.

My problem is that even in safe mode, even using my Win98 partition to boot from . . . my BWA’s are still spiky as h#%$ - so I have to hope and pray that a nice, smooth, BWA is available for download for any SecuROM New title that I hope to “backup”.

Summary of Method

1. create BWA file from BlindWrite’s BWA Builder
    or download from: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=58185
  2. create ccd image file from CD with Clone CD, using the default Game CD settings
  3. run TwinPeak, select the two files and create “patched.ccd” - this overwrites the CloneCD created ccd file !!! you’ll have three new files in the same folder where you saved the original image files. Those files will be patched.ccd, patched.img and patched.sub.
  4. use CloneCD to burn the copy from the image file “patched.ccd”, using default Game CD profile

NOTE: you’ll probably get better results if you burn at relatively low speed (say 8x). [Note: If you’re using a version of CloneCD older than the current version 4.2.0.2, before burning you’ll be warned that the image size doesn’t match the lead-out specified in the toc and you’ll be given three burning options. The first option is correct: “Keep TOC as on source cd, write until end of image file”. If, however, you are using version 4.2.0.2, you won’t even be asked. CloneCD will just write using the correct option automatically.]

Alcohol has a similar utility called TwinCreator, but as I said, I have not heard reviews on that.

Originally posted by cenkog
What is Twinpeaks ? :confused:

Its a very bizarre series created by David Lynch … Or if you don’t know what I mean by that, you can have a look HERE :slight_smile:

Originally posted by lifeson
[B]
My problem is that even in safe mode, even using my Win98 partition to boot from . . . my BWA’s are still spiky as h#%$ - so I have to hope and pray that a nice, smooth, BWA is available for download for any SecuROM New title that I hope to “backup”.

Burn speed aint a problem.
At least for me the important thing is to build the BWA file at 4X speed.
Got a lite-on 40125s Flashed to a 48125W, Used Alcohol last version, Image was at max speed, settings were securom NEW (not 4.8) abd burned with same specs and speed after patching the BWA.

From 3 tries I’ve done succesfully in 2. The time I failed I tried the BWA at 12X so high speed is a nono.

With SecuROM new even the BlindWrite image that you make will not burn successfully. Twin Peaks will patch the image file itself by using the BWA file to add CD density info.

This is a false statement, twin peaks is needed with a BWA file, to patch a clonecd file.
With blindwrite you can use the BWA builder build the file make sure it has the exact same name as the file you are trying to burn and in the exact same folder, blindwrite then uses the bwa to add the density, there is no twinpeaks involved except for where the BWA got it’s start.
I have not had any problem using Blindwrite and the BWA builder to create a working back-up of SecuRom 4.8 or above.
Twin Peaks main function is to patch clonecd with, You don’t need twin peaks for alcohol or blindwrite. Alcohol creates it’s own MDF and Blindwrite creates a BWA