Alcohol120

So Ive gotten the new lite on 52x24x52… using trustworty artec 16xdvd rom…

But having major difficulty backing up (copies or images that work)…any of my peograms… INCLUDING but not limited to:
TriplePlay2001,Madden2001,NFSHP2(asks for correct cd…will work with no cd crack tho)…
I I wish is to make legitimate back ups of my own programs… so someone please email me at alfieboy@hvc.rr.com that can assist me…
I have System set up as this:

Gigabyte Mobo w/ AMD Athlon2000XP+
640 mb pc2100 DDR
IDE: primary master:40gig Maxtor
slave -liteon52x24c52
primary master-artec 16x dvd rom
slave- 20gig WD HD

thanks

All the games you listed are protected with SafeDisc 1 or 2. You can use CloneCD with Fast Error Skip on or you can use Alcohol 120% with the SD2 NO AWS profile.

I have a clone CD image of my NFSHP2

dropped it in betablocker.

Ran clone cd … with the safedisc 2 w/AWS turned on profile…

WILL NOT install in DVD or New Lite-ON…

Although after installing from original-it will play…

BUT I want to us ethe back up of disk… and keep original… an dif to reinstall. I should be able to back up a working copy … I cannot figure out why…
Maybe some one can shed some light on this… I did see 1 thing from trying alcohol,insektor, etc… I have no aspi layer installed… according to the way I sa wit. will it correct anything by installing a aspi layer?

:frowning: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

don’t use AWS ON with the lite-on

have a look at the lite-on and clone-cd forum

And for me to use blindwrite,clone cd,easy copy,… I am unable to mak ea “copy” from dvd reading the orig to the cdrw burner…(lite on)…even using clony xxl…

I wonder if I shoukld have just kepy mu older lite on set up(dvd-16x burner…both lite on…)… never ever had this much difficulty

:o :frowning: :confused: :eek: :a

NFSHP2 is protected with safedisc 2.8 and neither blindwrite nor clonecd is reliable in copying cds with this protection. Both work for many people but both also fail for others with the same equipment.

Reliable copying solutions for this protection with your writer are alcohol, discjuggler and the discdump/fireburner combination.

well I checke dth eimage … I can play from it…
Yest I used alcohol120 to make a copy …
It loads in fine… when ready to play it saya correct cd needed…

:frowning: :a :confused:

Did you remember to uncheck the bypass efm error option when burning?

Are you trying to run the back-up copy from a writer or an ordinary cd/dvd rom?

Are you trying to run the copy from the same drive as that from which the game was installed?

I loaded image in virtual drive…

when I burne din Alcohol I left the settings a sit recommended…

in clone CD I tried teh hit (hide CDR media)…but greyed out… and newer profiles… like protected game CD… but are not vivisble… :frowning:

I did try copie sin the dvd(Artec 16x)…as well as ne wburner 2x24x52…lite on…

Error says incorrect CD…

I must be missing some little niche’ because it seems so positive…

Originally posted by alfieboy
when I burne din Alcohol I left the settings a sit recommended…

This is probably your problem. With the current version of alcohol, bypass efm error is checked by default for safedisc 2. With your writer it should not be checked.

Try again with this option unchecked. Then uninstall the game and re-install from your dvd. Then run the copy from your dvd. It should work.

Note also that if an attempted copy fails, re-boot before trying again.

Good luck.

Well I sense a urge of success…

Used DDump/Fireburner last night…

Rathe rquickly I may add a working backup of NFSHP2 that works well in DVD reader…
Didnt wanna work in the LiteOn 52x24cx52 burner… but fine with me…:bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Now Ill try this combo on the other safedisc games…

Nic eto be able to back them up…

Didnt have this much trouble backing up XP or stuff…heheheheeh:cool:

I just make copy of the NFSHP2 rathe rquickly also… using ddump/fireburner…

went well… from what I see… installe dit from teh dvd drive… ( didnt work in the lite-on 52x24x52…but…thats to be expected.

I will work with those 2 progs as well as alcohol… a sI think alcohol120 ha spotential… …

I know not to go with the norm… I should have know as lite on has way to bybass/correctly read efm errors…

Thas alot to everyone… will keep in touch here…

I still say installing the ASPI layer helped me alot… dunno but…:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: