Alcohol vs blindwrite and safedisk 2.9

vbimport

you should read this thread :

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67370

Mr. lapinou:

Alcohol 120% is being constantly updated, therefore you can expect support for SafeDisc 2.90 or any other protection in a future Alcohol release.

I really hope as at the moment it prevent blindwrite users to run games…

next alcohol release can backup SD 2.90 correctly and all the blacklists will be removed
Alcohol doens’t prevent blindwrite users to play games: you just need to disable ignore media type and run the game from the CD/DVD-ROM

Alcohol doens’t prevent blindwrite users to play games: you just need to disable ignore media type and run the game from the CD/DVD-ROM

I am sorry to disagree but… Alcohol on this end would not copy it nor after more testing even authenticate the cd with the virutal drive disabled, In order to get the cd to authenticate I had to completely remove alcohol. I used a Lite-On 32123S/42125W A sony 165 and a plextor 21/1032A and last but not least A Sony DRU-500A to attempt to make a working copy with alcohol, it just didn’t work. It seems that number 4 is in place and working.

SafeDisc 2.90 - Key features - release Feb 2003

1. New Degrading Signature - The new degrading signature has been designed to prevent Lite-On and Pioneer burners being able to make a working gold copy of a SafeDisc protected title. The new patterns also enhance protection against several other modern CD Writers. Lite-On has achieved considerable sales success recently and this move decreases the chance of a “casual copy” being made with a users existing equipment.

2. Strengthened CD Signature patterns - The degrading signature patterns have been changed to stop copying programs such as Clone CD and Alcohol 120%.

3. ATIP spoofer detection - SafeDisc checks whether a CD-R drive has a gold CD in it and fails to run the application if this is the case. Several copying programs such as Clone CD and Alcohol run a program to fool the checks that SafeDisc does, we have countered these
    programs.

4. Alcohol detection - The Alcohol burning and virtual drive programs have been added to our detection routines along with other popular hacker tools.

5. New version of Security Libraries - New techniques to stop a game being “lifted” out of memory and then subsequently produce a “cracked” version with SafeDisc removed. Please Note the best protection is afforded by creating protected functions using the SafeDisc API.

so whats the point?

the current version of alcohol cant back-up SD2.9 and the new upcoming version can.

and the topic title intends to start a flame war or something…!?

some preffer blindread/write and some preffer alcohol 120%
just let the people choose for their self.

my opinion:
totally useless topic.
dont see a point why there should be a new topic with blindread can do this and alcohol can’t but it can in a couple off days.

I don’t want to start any problem.

I didn’t test myself, but it seems that the current version of alcohol disturb the blindwrite copy. and it SEEMS ( I remind I didn’t test myself ) that the current user should

1 ) use cdrw with blindwrite
2 ) must not have alcohol or disable stuff I don’t know about alcohol

it is the important information to outline nothing else.

I wish the new version of alcohol come quickly as we will update and improve safedisk 2.9 also.

end of the topic

so whats the point? the current version of alcohol cant back-up SD2.9 and the new upcoming version can. (not from what I have read in other forums and from a beta tester too. The next version of alcohol may not back up 2.90 but the version after is supposed too.)

and the topic title intends to start a flame war or something…!?

some preffer blindread/write and some preffer alcohol 120%
just let the people choose for their self.

my opinion:
totally useless topic.
dont see a point why there should be a new topic with blindread can do this and alcohol can’t but it can in a couple off days.

No, no flame war, just me testing is all. And there is nothing wrong with pointing out an alternative.

I’m glad you think someone testing and coming up with the conclusions I did is a waste of time and has no point, some people may be trying to back-up the games with alcohol and safedisk 2.9. These were my conclusions and mine only, they may help someone else, I’m sorry they don’t help you and that I have wasted your time.

As this topic has great potentials of turning into a flaming thread i will close it (you can always PM me if you think differently). besides, the point Lapinou wanted to make has already been made.

At this point please allow me to say something - my impression over the last months is that there is too much tension over here, people seem to have been divided into two camps, one with Alcohol and one with BW, trying to pursuade the other side of the excellence of “their own” software. Guys just keep in mind, that software has been made in every case to serve us, not us serving it. It is only logical that at some point one software will be able to do the job, while at other times it wont, but another will. People are allowed/should be able to chose the software they want, and change their minds whenever they feel like it. I am kind of fed up with one sentence posts that resemble the “Alcohol is the best” - “BW is the best” - “Alcohol sucks” liner - i just wish this could stop.

As i already said, if someone feels that this thread should be reopened and has some reason to back this up, please feel free to PM me about it.