ALCOHOL Update

When will they release a full update with Safedisc 3 and more updated protection. I cant seem to burn Call of Duty and MAxPayne 2

SD3.x is defeated in the same manner as SD2.x
If you have a virtual drive installed then late release games will not run unless the VD is uninstalled
SecuROM 4.8x is also easily defeated using RPMS, CloneCD + twinpeak or Blindwrite + .BWA

Look at the guides here

or twinpeak + Alcohol :bow:

…how does one go about’s to uninstall the Virtual Drive in the Alcohol software which has been installed onto one’s system???..:rolleyes:

@soopersonic: how do you do securom v4.8.x with alcohol and twinpeaker only (see also thread Praetorians)?

@mrcharles: I think there’s an option with virtual drive (left column) where you decide the number of vds you want to have. If you select 0 there…

…pafan, great i’ll half to check and see, thx for the quick reply to…good day 2 ya…:bigsmile:

Originally posted by soopersonic
or twinpeak + Alcohol :bow:

Safedisc and twinpeaks :confused:

sorry, didn’t mean the thread creator but FutureProof saying

"SecuROM 4.8x is also easily defeated using RPMS, CloneCD + twinpeak or Blindwrite + .BWA "

Should have quoted.

@pafan: I don’t really do it with it “only”. Still need the .bwa file which i’m currently downloading quite often or create it with BWABuilder (only using the exe without anything of the blindwrite software suite). Well then I simply create a .ccd image of the CD, patch it and burn it again :slight_smile:

So I really have to have a .bwa file… I see. Thanks for the info.

Just downloaded the .bwa file…, I will give it a try with Philamber’s guide by my side later in the evening…, let’s hope I can get a result (i.e. playable copy) this time.

…Hey pafan, that did the trick, …thx for the helpful fix , much appreciated…:bow: :slight_smile:

…and R!co; how can i get that Avatar that you got there; reason i ask cuz my son is a Matrix fan and he’ d like to know how to get such a thing for his Wallpaper,(background), for his desktop on his pc??? …thx in advance…:bigsmile:

…and R!co; how can i get that Avatar that you got there; reason i ask cuz my son is a Matrix fan and he’ d like to know how to get such a thing for his Wallpaper,(background), for his desktop on his pc??? …thx in advance…:bigsmile: [/B]

Try google and look in images

…thx, and much appreciate YOUR helpful tip…

:bow::bow::slight_smile: …good day 2

ya…

mr. Charles:

Alcohol’s development has not stopped. There are many things to improve and new challenges appear every day.
In fact, a new internal beta just came out, but I can’t tell what’s new. One thing I can assure you, Alcohol’s Development Team is doing all efforts to make Alcohol software even better
:bigsmile:

…GREAT>>>>>>>Lvsitano…that i am glad to here for i have settled on having just Alcohol120% on this system for right now ! ! ! kinda like the format, seem’s easy enough so far. just made a working_back-up of BF1942, ( my cool game i like to play), this is Good news for me cuz this is the " 3rd " Game CD pack i had to buy cuz of the 2 previous one got torn & scratched up by???, (son, i believe), but he say’s he know’s of the second one being ruinned; the other he has no idea of how…( basically, my kid’s do not put the CD in the rack just right, then they hit the close drawer button and “BOOM”>>>> got a nice wedge SCRATCH now emmbeded…but now i have this working backup they can use ( and mess up if so)…:eek: :cool: :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

allright:D .
this is going to be interesting.
a lot of improvements and maybe protections.
also Lvsitano will the new version be able to make a backup without emu of Securom 4.8+ or 5?

Current retail Alcohol version does SecuROM 4.8x backups using RMPS emulation. The problem is that current Alcohol’s virtual drive (version 1.4.7.1005) is blacklisted by some SecuROM versions.

Originally posted by Lvsitano
Current retail Alcohol version does SecuROM 4.8x backups using RMPS emulation. The problem is that current Alcohol’s virtual drive (version 1.4.7.1005) is blacklisted by some SecuROM versions.

I meant no emulation,like a good backup without emulation.

I don’t think so, because you would need special media and maybe a special burner for that. There is the TwinPeak method which can create WORKING (working but not 1:1 copies) of SecuROM 4.8x titles. Alcohol Team doesn’t support this method as it fails with some readers and Alcohol wants to have maximum compatibility.
If you don’t use current Alcohol’s virtual driver with the latest SecuROM versions, the RMPS emulation will work just fine.
This is the price to pay: working copy with some readers or RMPS emulation with most drives. You pick… :wink:

will there be the implementation of a plex premium profile that will allow an unemulated copy?