Alcohol or CloneCD

vbimport

I have some securom 4.x games that i want to make backups with
using either Alcohol 120 or CloneCD 4.0 along with Twinpeak, can anyone tell me which program is better to use for this

blindwrite is better for securom “new” latest and i’d use clone cd for earlier versions of securom"new"

Thanks i’ll give it a go and see what happens

I agree same as “slayerking”. For new securom is not anything as good recording software as BlindWrite. In another backup like Safedisk i use Alcohol 120 because it is easier to use. Although Alcohol 120% has profile to New Securom 4.8 it doesn’t make 1:1 copy like BlindWrite and Alcohol 120% securom copy doesn’t work if you haven’t intalled Alcohol 12+% software. BlindWrite securom copy work with all machines and drives.

Not to be anal, but they don’t play/install on ALL drives. Most though.

/MLS

Originally posted by marcus
I have some securom 4.x games that i want to make backups with
using either Alcohol 120 or CloneCD 4.0 along with Twinpeak, can anyone tell me which program is better to use for this

You can use either (save the image to be patched in ccd format if using alcohol). However, given that twinpeak is written for use with CloneCD, I have a slight preference for CloneCD over alcohol for twinpeak back-ups.

The most popular method is to use TwinPeak combined with a ccd format image. Blindwrite doesnt cut the mustard for me, yet TwinPeak works great.

Excuse me can anybody tell me what is Twin peak ? sorry if i am wrong i’m a newbie

Ramnath2k: http://club.cdfreaks.com/archive/topic/65876.html :wink: