Alcohol fails to copy securom 7.x

vbimport

I created a backup copy with RPMS but the backup copy fails to work at all… burned copy fails… image fails in daemon tools.

Neverwinter Nights 2
Securom 7.x

Used alcohol with dpm and even read it at 1x for the dpm and it still failed. Tried Blindwrite 6 and it worked the first time! And YES I selected Securom in Alcohol but to no avail.

For DVD’s, you usually need to use maximum speed, not the slowest.

That is the first thing I attempted but the MDS looked rough at the edge and not nice and smooth at the start so I than did a 1x and the curve was quite linear and clean looking… no roughness to it at all. But even so it still refused to work. Did the BW read and it worked the first time.

Can you post the mds file from both read attempts?

EDIT
Actually, I see you posted over at the Alcohol-Soft.com forums as well. Can you please post them there? You’ll need to upload them to some other site first, I don’t think you’ll be able to attach anything. You can alternatively e-mail them to me at Jito463 at gmail.com.

Well I had already deleted the old one… but the one that was done with the fast read is below. The one before this was almost a perfectly curve without the rough edge at the beginning or the slight drop at the end of the curve.

That little hiccup at the beginning is actually a good thing. If it’s completely smooth, then your DPM info is bad, and your image will not work.

@molitar
Have you checked RMPS in Alcohol’s or Daemon Tool’s Emulation options ?

[QUOTE=Jito463;2024505]That little hiccup at the beginning is actually a good thing. If it’s completely smooth, then your DPM info is bad, and your image will not work.

[/QUOTE]

Ok so unlike BW the smooth curve is the bad one and not the good DPM. That tells me why it did not work than. Thanks for that information. But on another note what is that second curve that is going up have to do with the DPM? And what mds viewer you using I am using MDS Viewer and as you can see the chart is too big for the rest of the program while yours is a much easier to read viewer.

@molitar
A good Blindwrite topology file also has that “rough edge” (=Securom’s typical local non-standard sector density);
you can check that with Blindwrite’s BWA-Builder.

The second curve is the second layer of a Double layer media which plays no role during disc check.
Blindwrite only measures the first 200000 sectors of a disc (which is enough for Securom), Alcohol measures the whole media.

RMPS is activated ? Otherwise the Alcohol copy can’t be functional.

Yes it’s active… and the new mds topology worked. Well I know in it’s very early days the straighter the curve the better it was back in the early conception of the BWA builder. But I’m sure the protection standards have changed since than which makes sense so didn’t realize the rough edge was the norm now.