Alcohol and supported Hardware?

vbimport

… as the subject line suggests, i’ve got a Lite-On LTR-52246S (52x24x52x) and was wondering if Alcohol supports it … now i’ve done a quick search through here and the alcohol forum but haven’t been able to come up with anything … any ideas, gents?

havin burnt many a coaster, i’m beginnin to think it’s unsupported - i’m hopin it’s otherwise …

*EDIT - found it :slight_smile:

You can check the list of supported drives here

But, I can assure you your burner is supported, because I’ve one too.

thanks bro, i managed to find that link too :wink:

it’s weird though … i’d use alcohol and all it would burn, were coasters (cd’s that would just spin endlessly) … tried different settings without any luck. instead, i’d use it to mount images, convert them, and burn with clonecd without a hitch.

Have you disabled the Bypass EFM Errors option (when burning) ?

is there some difference if i have 2 sheep burner and i have enabled the Bypass EFM Errors. and if i have disabled the Bypass EFM Errors

vio_man - i think i may have disabled it at one point … lol … if i mount the images through alcohol and convert the images to ccd format and burn with clonecd, it just just fine.

neonspyder: if it works for you that way, good :wink:

Riko: If you have a 100% Alcohol burner (can correctly encode EFM errors) and if you enable the Bypass EFM Errors you may get a nice coaster :wink: Or it may work fine, but I wouldn’t advise you to do that…