Alcohol and starforce

It seems that when I installed the game X3 alcohol virtual drive stopped working (it and emulation setting give error messages) but if I try to uninstall or even reinstall then I get a error message Internal Error 25001. 25050 (0x61DA), 0 (0x0). Everything was working before installing X3 but after problems. Version Alcohol120_trial_1_9_5_3105.

Alcohol’s virtual drive is outdated. It should work with Daemon Tools 4.

i get the same error when iwant to install alcohol! does anyone know how to fix it?

I mean that the virtual drive no longer works and is no longer present, i.e. completely disabled, along with emulation. The virtual drive, burning Discs and installing - uninstalling no longer function.

Alcohol’s virtual drive is outdated. It should work with Daemon Tools 4.

He would more than likely get the same error installing Dtools if you dont know what your talking about why dont you shut up. If you knew what you were talking about you would know that these errors are directly related to Daemon Tools drivers. when you post in this forum all you seem to post is the same old BS its starting to become boring.

@last stand

Try installing in expert mode and re naming the drivers, if that does not help check the FAQ section in Alcohol support forum under “Program Errors”

I know you like to play God on your own Alcohol forum by removing/banning all users with complaints, but here’s freedom of speech. You could learn something from it. :iagree:

It’s a fact that Alcohol’s virtual drive is outdated and blacklisted by almost all current protections. Even if LastStand manages to get the virtual drive working again, there is no way he will be able to run his game (which is Starforce protected) from the image without using one or more third party tools.
I would not recommend tools like SFCure or SFNightmare to anyone, since they can mess up Windows beyond repair.

Let’s compare:

Using Alcohol’s virtual drive: Unplug IDE optical drives, install SFCure driver and reboot, mount image, run SFNightmare and hit ‘Disable Node’ and ‘Disable CD’, then run the game.

Using DT4: Unplug IDE optical drives, mount image and play.

And with DT4 with vIDE coming soon, unplugging IDE drives will become a thing of the past too.

Your so full of your self m8… you dont read anything do you… why dont you reply to this topic http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=156052 i answerd your questions but i guess as you never replied you had nothing to say…

Quote:
If you can give me one good reason why I should keep using Alcohol, I can’t wait to hear it

Because you paid for it, Because your entitled to free updates, Because it uses the same virtual drive technology as Daemon Tools, Because your purchase of one or the other software goes towards the development of both. There’s 4 for you.

Alcohol and Daemon Tools development teams have been working hand in hand for years the two software’s do not compete with each other they complement each other.

Quote:
I’d like to play my games NOW, not when you people decide to update, which could take a year or more. That’s why I put my money in DT now,

Rather a bold statement, does this mean in 6 months you will be saying " People at Alcohol Soft\ Daemon tools just don’t understand that 1 update every year is not enough." hummm don’t want to burst your bubble but its taken the joint development team a year to get to this stage. But please do purchase Dtools Pro when it is released your payment will as I said before go towards the development of both software’s and every little helps

I think that "LocutusofBorg my opposite number over at Daemon Tools, sums up very nicely in his post here http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread...594#post1187594

You realy just dont get it yet do you… either that or your just plain stupid
As for playing god… you step out of line on our forum you get what you ask for… i believe in CDfreaks freedom of speech as much as the next man as they are impartial… i can play god over on Dtools forum if you like… want to test me? :slight_smile: here i can only say what i think thats fair enough but as you realy wind me up thats ok…

Did you miss

If you knew what you were talking about you would know that these errors are directly related to Daemon Tools drivers.

Laststand may be a purchased user of Alcohol looking for a solution to his particular problem… your post was neither helpfull nor constuctive to his question.

I DO get it :wink: The virtual drive is created by Daemon Tools people, and Alcohol is just licensing the code.
Which means Daemon Tools will always be the first with new improvements and fixes concerning the virtual drive.

That quote tells a lot about your personality. :rolleyes:

No you still dont get it… see your full of BS like i said, dont you read anything.

Read this “Alcohol and Daemon Tools development teams have been working hand in hand for years” what this means is that deveopment of both softwares is a joint venture, programers from both companys work together… sheesh… you realy are dumb arnt you… where you get this licencing the code BS from is beyond me… your not a member of DTools or Alcohol teams so you should be carfull what rumors you start… if you cant substanciate them your better off shutting up.

What realy winds me up is people like you, who dont know WTF they are talking about.

That’s what YOU say, and you expect people to believe it. But that doesn’t mean it’s true.

So because you have a Windows license for your PC, you also think you own Microsoft? :rolleyes:

And btw: using paragraphs makes your posts a lot easier to read. Right now it looks like it was written by some kid. Try to keep that in mind when calling other people ‘dumb’.

So tell me Last Stand …did you get all that…did you get your problem fixed

I tried uninstalling Deamon tools 4.00 HE but I still can’t install alcohol 120%. I then tried changing the virtual drive names but was still unable to install alcohol 120%. Sorry for late reply as I had problems with a power supply. I am going to download the installer again and see if that helps the problems.

Sorry again the program will not install at all, even from a new download. Same error message. This only happen after I install starforce, with X3.

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI there is no system folder, could this be the problem and not starforce. Update - Sorry found system folder. StarWindService.exe is not running as well. I am going to reimage to see if that helps.

It could be because you’re trying to install Alcohol or Daemon Tools while there are Starforce drivers present on your system.
You can find the Starforce Removal Tool here.
These drivers will automatically be re-installed next time you run the game, so you don’t have to worry about it, you won’t need to re-install the game to get the drivers back.

With a clean install of windows eventhing works ok. I tried the Starforce Removal Tool and it did not help. Going to install deamon tools 4 now. Update = everything works ok now.

No problems with deamon tools v4 so far. Thank you phoenix for your posts and everyone else for the help so far.

Create a batch file and run these commands and it seems to fix the problems. Some CD hiding software causing this maybe? Anyway seems to fix the problems. So not starforce or Alcohol?

@ECHO OFF
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 0” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 3” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 4” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 5” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 6” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 7” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alcohol Soft” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices” /grant=administrators=r
subinacl /keyreg “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices1” /grant=administrators=r