Alcohol and Outcast pc game (old game with securom?)

vbimport

has anyone copied cd2 of Outcast with alcohol if so what settings and steps do i use to make a perfect backup?

I am using a liteon 24102b

just use the securom setting with alcohol

this old version of securom dont need any emulation just a good subcannel data read :slight_smile:

Maelstrom is right. :slight_smile:

Only SecuROM 4.8 games and some later SecuROM 4.7 games need CloneCDw/twinpeak, Alcohol with emulation, Blindwritew/BWA etc.

I think the Thing (SecuROM 4.77.00.0029) was the last copyable SecuROM game that didn’t require these extra methods.

~Hitman4life

Originally posted by Hitman4life
I think the Thing (SecuROM 4.77.00.0029) was the last copyable SecuROM game that didn’t require these extra methods.

Correct. First one that does is Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom (SecuROM 4.77.00.0050).

If you dont know which Profile to use use my program with ClonyXXL. Download is in my signature.

I got a good duplicate of Nascar 2003 [ Secur. 4.84 ] enabling the “emulation”, is there a “work-around” the emulation thing ? In other words, the cd will not work in any pc without Alcohol installed, correct ?

Correct.

If you want a “stand-alone” backup I would strongly recommend the CloneCD/Twinpeak method. :slight_smile:

~Hitman4life

cool, thanks, I have CCD, but will have to learn what/where/how twin peak is,

thanks again,

You can find the info you need right here. :slight_smile:

~Hitman4life