Alcohol and Far Cry

CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and restart the game.

I bought Far Cry and disabled the emulation drive. It still detects it though, so it seems that only way to get round this would be to uninstall the Alcohol? Not all that impressed about it.

That’s because Alcohol has been probably blacklisted by that game. Are you sure you’ve disabled the virtual drive?

yeah i disabled it for sure, and even disabled it in alcohol.

Still comes up with the emulation.

I contacted support and they said to uninstall alcohol… Not exactly the best solution, nor practical… Boycott for me i think, gg ubin00bs

Yeah, that’s really a boycott. I think next Alcohol version will dealt with that issue, please wait a little longer.

Seems to be doing the same thing with CloneCD, a friend brought the game and has no emulation software on his PC, just cloneCD and comes up with that message also…

Doesn’t the new version of Alcohol allow you to change the driver name of the emulated drive (on installation)? Perhaps you should try that.

Check RMPS emulation is disabled as well. Safedisc can detect RMPS emulation.
Clone CD is hardly updated. Wouldn’t be surprised if that is blacklisted. :slight_smile:

System Requirements:

Supported OS: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP (only)
Processor: AMD Athlonâ„¢ 1 GHz or Pentium III 1 GHz (AMD Athlon XP 2000 / Pentium 4 2 GHz recommended)
RAM: 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
Video Card: DirectX 9.0b-compatible graphics card from NVIDIA or ATI ; GeForceâ„¢3, 4, 4MX (GeForce 4 Ti 4600 recommended); NVIDIA-based cards must have ForceWareâ„¢ drivers 53.03; ATI Radeonâ„¢ 8500 (9500 recommended); ATI-based cards must have Catalystâ„¢ drivers 3.9
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0b-compatible sound card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b
CD-ROM / DVD-ROM: 24X CD-ROM (8X DVD-ROM recommended)

NVIDIA® nForce™ or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby® Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio.

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives.

Will be fixed in next alc update.

well im pretty new to this dvd-backing up thing, but i read somewhere on www.afterdawn.com about the same problem. some guy solved it buy (only!) uninstalling and re-installing clonecd. maybe this helps u, dono.

I had the same problem.

I uninstalled Alcohol 120% and that didn’t solve it so I uninstalled Clone CD and Far Cry started up fine.

I’ve since reinstalled Alcohol 120% and Far Cry still starts up fine.

In my case it looks as though it was Clone CD that was causing the problem… though I haven’t tried reinstalling Clone CD.

Yeah I found a trial version of clonecd that I had on my hard drive. UNinstalled it and all the registry stuff for clonecd and then it worked. Alcohol is fine since I am using the virtual drive to run the game.
I shall have to install the far cry 1.1 patch tonight and see if it has any effect on it.

I’m pretty surprised to hear this, becuase when I play Farcry, I don’t have any problems at all.

In fact, I just burned an image of the play CD, and use Alcohol to mount the image and it still plays just fine.

Wierd…

I got the impression in the end that it was Clone CD that was stopping Far Cry working, not Alcohol.

It’s interesting reading all your guys’ posts… in my case, I got the same error message complaining about emulation… I had A-120 (newest), CloneCD (4.2.0.2), and D-Tools installed. I checked and double checked and had NO emulation options enabled on any of the programs. Still, FarCry would not start up, I kept getting the error message and was getting pretty pissed. :frowning:

I uninstalled D-Tools (the first and only thing I did) and then the error message went away.

So who knows… but I am really getting sick of these types of error messages… especially when I shell out $45 or more on average per game.

well i think those error messages will disappear when newer versions of alcohol+co. come out. there have always been problems with new copy protections and there has always been a solution. why should it be different this time?

I tried it myself. Disabling “Hide CDR Media” in CloneCDTray solved the problem.

Nice too hear from you again OLLI…things are not the same from my stand point with clone-cd… :bow: